• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

12 hours ago, J.K said:

Bumped into @CarlC at Herts track today. Had a good crawl with the TRX-4 then a quick blast around the track with the HB E817 :)

50195800468_14085a3f87_c.jpg

50196349306_7d63438d6c_c.jpg

50196349541_f9fc1aff7f_c.jpg

50196349536_6afa462da4_c.jpg

50195800433_2fafa161c0_c.jpg

We need our own MSUK supporters area with more and more followers attending the club...😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Decided to rebuild the diffs on my losi mini 8ight. Both feelings bit worn out.  So thinking of trying the lc racing ones. I believe they should drop straight in. 

had a busy day with the sandviper, put a new chassis and half a new gearbox plus gears on it, new bumper and servo mounts.

had to dremel the motor mount again as im using a 15 tooth pinion and it only had holes for a 17 and 19 one, had to dremel the front of the battery tray as well to get my 5000 mah 2s lipos to fit again :)

took a lot of pics, im surprised it hadn't snapped with the state of it and over 10 years of abuse  :P

the test drive went well so heres to another 10 years untill i have to do it again lol

0aqfdj8.jpg

lF4lmAV.jpg

JUkY1Bf.jpg

qzioRws.jpg

DlrJ5MK.jpg#

edit:  see the wee square at the front of the battery tray? there are 2 of them, dremmelled them out this time now my 2s 5000mah lipos can sit flush.

on the old chassis i used a thick wire cutter and a model knife  :)

J8uBn9s.jpg

WqnLceh.jpg

5000 mah 2s lipo in it  :)

4TBWz25.jpg

4mFty8G.jpg

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

it was worn out rather than broken :thumbsup:

yeh it was, thats part of the reason i never replaced the suspension arms, so much heavy use through all these years, the dt-02 is one hell of a tank, figured i would replace the chassis etc before it snapped since i had all the spares kicking about :)

aldi/lidl soldering tool for 8 quid got use again, one of my motor wires came loose lol

guess if i ever break a arm i have spares  and thanks for helping to tin my cheapo solder iron dad, ur big file was handy :P

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

surprisingly very few screws get lost its more the tools he loses down the decking like the 3mm hex for his multitool 🤣

yeh i dropped a part of my tool down there and it is still under it lol

• Haha 1

Happily swap that for a hyperactive 5 year old who managed to tip my tub of screws across the shed, reckon ah found 75% of them if ah was lucky! 

Finally ran the mojave on 6s, different gravy! Happy enough with the 4s but this is something else! 

After a 7-8 week wait on the pair of 3s ah'd initially thought they were going back, took an age to get them balanced, one cell on each seemed lazy for want of a better word. Seems to be sorting out as they've gone through a few cycles, is this normal folks? No bother with any of the other packs I have. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

surprisingly very few screws get lost its more the tools he loses down the decking like the 3mm hex for his multitool 🤣

i hate losing tools! I have lost quite a few at work and i always go about asking workmates to keep an eye out for them, breaking them i dont mind as 99% will get swapped under warranty for shiny new ones, just now i am missing a 3/8 ratchet and a 13mm ratchet spanner or is it a 10mm, its 1 of them anyways and will be £60-£70 to replace 🙄

Ordered Typhoon 3s rear wing and mount for the Granite BLX, also looking for new shell as it’s splitting on second bash on the rear. Was looking at proline bash armour for Stampede but been told these bash armours split easy and are not as good as they are made out to be. 

So today out with the cen monster truck, all of a sudden it locked up and wouldnt move, stripped it down and found the centre gearbox has grenaded, found it was cheaper to buy a whole new gearbox than replace just the broken gears! All them metal bits are the gears every gear had teeth missing!

6982A385-B6BD-4568-B3A1-9ECEB1F4A581.jpeg

9737EA25-B830-47FF-9E83-B8B6F17971EA.jpeg

Past couple days I’ve received Stampede shell, dry wall tape, shoo goo (arrived today) Typhoon 3s mount and wing.

last night I installed wing, a bit of modification with the dremel to make it fit snug.

tonight I will reinforce his new shell.

i didn’t click send the other day haha.

here it is Arrma Granite with reinforced Stampede shell and Typhon 3s wing and mount. 
next will be TBR front bumper

11FE2A31-817F-4D92-8A42-8759DF4B4D6A.jpeg

55F10C40-6923-487F-92DC-84CDE8825D6A.jpeg

ADE84428-A63F-49B2-AB93-4D09C7E88AB9.jpeg

6AA7BFA1-9B8E-40EC-9A84-28D5405A4A67.jpeg

6566ABBD-D5EB-4690-886C-46A69D469C6A.jpeg

0745B2E0-2F6B-4FDA-844D-4D9673C491C8.jpeg

• Like 2

On 11/08/2020 at 18:56, CarlC said:

Not to my model but to my workshop - After much swearing, many rebuilds and adjustments and a whole bunch of "What? hmmmm, oh yeah!" moments, I have added a Stepcraft D-600 CNC machine to the available tools. Now I just need to learn how to use it.

cnc-1.jpg

Really looking forward to getting this working on the new chassis designs 👍