• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Top work stupar, ah mind when ma lancia looked that good! Just finished changing the diff fluids and a full bearing kit on the Mojave, surprised by the normal amounts of threadlock. Only one ball buster, front output cup took some 'persuading'! 

• Like 1

Thyppqb.jpg

Bashed the ‘bleep’ out of the RBoneE at HNMC, used the new extreme basher track. It’s a car killer, managed to break a rear shock tower, not surprisingly it was carbon and then a front drive shaft went....god knows how it lasted so long...

• Like 2

Installed a cheap china upgrade with its cheap china ss screws and actually managed to snap the ball end off an arrowmax hex driver without even noticing until trying to screw the next screw then finding the ballend still jammed into the first screw. I can't believe it. The arrowmax bronze tips can't be anywhere near as good as the old gold tips. 

mtlS2pn.jpg

aqXMVA1.jpg

First use too. 

• Sad 1

changed the pinion gear on my over ten year old sand viper for a nice steel one as the 17 turn brushed motor was over heating bad in this weather on 2s lipos, went from the standard alloy one at 17 tooth to a 15 tooth, it is still pretty rapid but the motor still gets pretty hot, although from the test earlier the heat build up is slower a wee bit :)

HFRzwEE.jpg

• Like 2

Next project is to finish the Evoque TA02 trail thing I was making.  Got all the lights wired and random bits of body trim located and glued on.  One key issue is I have no idea where the battery is going...

edit : battery plate made and epoxied in place.. tomorrow will show if it works

Edited by ghazghul

Over past few days Lads Zombie has had proline badlands on desperados due to stupid ballooning on crud tyres.

few new parts ordered and arrived ready for when stuff breaks. He likes to drive it like I drive the Arrma, hard and fast with serious air.

Yesterday he bent an axle, and said he lost power. 
Axle straightened and all set back up, popped zombie down, whirring noise from motor.

all drive train fine.

just took motor back out and it’s knackered. Never will I buy of Facebook marketplace again lmao.

ive said to him maybe he should think about selling his collection for a new Arrma. 
he has a brushless lunchbox, Hornet, Midnight pumpkin lowrider and DHK Zombie.

oh and we made a quarter pipe to get some air in garden to practise

88005BAB-18A5-4E3E-ACD4-5DA5ACF649F2.jpeg

• Like 1

Today I learned a valuable lesson whilst tuning my sons MP9 - we ran a tank of fuel & left to cool for a few minutes, unknown to me my son had decided to switch off the receiver & knocked the throttle wide open in the process. I fitted the glow starter, grabbed a handful of pull start & gave it a yank. Trying to stop a buggy shooting off at WOT using just the glow starter initially isn't fun, grabbing hold of the hot exhaust with your other hand is definitely not fun, sticking your thumb on the exhaust to kill the engine hurts like hell.

Lessons learned today:

Wear gloves

Check TX is connected to RX

KE21SP engine at full whack is quite loud & scary when you're not expecting it

Heat blisters hurt more than I remember

• Haha 3

Well after looking around at motors for lads crap Zombie we decided to just go and buy another Arrma. So stock is limited at the minute and I can’t find another outcast anywhere we are off to buy him the Granite 3s BLX 4x4

Will buy a cheap motor for zombie and make Vids sending it over the quart ramp sometime in future 

• Like 1

Lads new Granite, my outcast, crud Zombie money pit. Just had new parts denoverws for it aswell before motor went.

Serves me right for buying Zombie of Facebook. Was shagged.

9CFB8810-9DA3-4247-B92E-25CC91A0FAA9.jpeg

C2DB5B7A-6B6E-4664-88A3-65378E4EB081.jpeg

• Like 2

noticed my sand viper had a lot of slack on the steering and some supsension arms after 10+ years of abuse, managed to fit in some random spacers from my random spares and got them sorted apart from one of the back arms, on closer inspection theres a a crack along one of the holder bits for the rear suspension arm, it would mean replacing the side of the gearbox and i was lazy even though i have the spare so i just put some glue on the crack and stripped a few strands of wire and slid them through then the shaft fitted nice and snug  :D

ill get around to it i have been meaning to replace the chassis with the unused one as well and give it a bit of an overhaul, stiffened up the back suspension on it as well as it had quite a bit of sag.

done something similar with the durga the play on the steering was doing my nut in but i got it reduced a wee bit but seems like i will need to upgrade part of the steering assembly to make a proper difference to that  :)

replaced another broken drive shaft on the ftx surge as well...... oh well at least the 2 upgraded ones are holding up, guess ill have to buy 2 for the front  :P

edit:

don't think this chassis will last for much more abuse, been holding gear box on with 3 screws for about 5 years lol

time to break into the spare kit for proper spares  like the shiny new chassis and luckily i have a spare for that side of the gear box still and a full set of arms etc :D

0aqfdj8.jpg

Edited by Yrkoon

24 minutes ago, oodboo said:

Took the dark impact to the beach last night and accidentally drive into a lot of water. It died on the spot. Bright it home, rinsed it under the tap to wash the salt water and sand off and left it overnight. This morning I've cleaned up the chassis but the electronics still weren't working. But of fault finding and it's the esc and receiver that had died. Striped them down, cleaned the boards under the tap with a dish washing brush and dried them out. They still look a bit grubby but now they're working again 😁

IMG_20200806_083826.thumb.jpg.af2cc7c61202b81ab5f1d6ab8c5871c0.jpg

Going to coat them in conformal solution before putting them back in the cases.

nice one, glad u got em working again  :)