• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

37 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Is the steering link / turnbuckle short or just needs screwing into the rod ends?

Looks good - amazing what spares you can build up over the years!!

Al.

Theres no servo so the linkages are off.

spares collected since Xmas day more like lol....

Spent another few hours sorting the man cave, in anticipation of more RC time this year.  Found this yesterday whilst doing so:

No automatic alt text available.

Floureon 3S pack.  It arrived with a ding in it last year, seller sent a replacement.  I've used it a few times, charged, discharged fine, never swelled.  Always stored it in the lipo safe tin, and whilst checking the lipo's yesterday ( I check voltage periodically when there not being used) discovered it had swelled badly, turning the ding into a rip. 

Moral?  Check your lipos folks.  If this has gone up it would have taken a lot of others with it, the safe would have contained the fire, but I'd have lost a ££££ of batteries and no doubt smoked the man cave out.

45 minutes ago, bombercountynick said:

Fixed, for how long:lol:

mini 8ight 15th.jpg

Long enough maybe decide an emb is a better basher ;)

3 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Finally got the 2 speed working in the YXL

Looking good AJ, now to get a bash vid.......................................

13 minutes ago, bombercountynick said:

@capri-boy I would love an EMB simple fact is I'm in too deep now £££ to get anywhere near my money back if I sell it :mellow:

Simple solution, don't sell it. Get an EMB as well..........................................

• Like 1

Went and checked my lipos after reading the most recent posts on here! :whistling:

Results = most at 3.4 > 3.8, one seems to have dodge balance lead wires and one @ 12.5. Panic over for today. ;)

Think I might build a plane later.

Had a day of mixed emotions, first time I've ever been on a proper track (mmr Chippenham) and thought it was brilliant and confirmed how bad at driving I am. Broke my pull start and started getting a bit of a flat spot and now won't start but it was a great few hours, I've got a small bit of video but can't upload it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WP_20170217_16_18_31_Pro_LI_zpswpl3pl7n.

Finally got my TL01 back together today. Its been stripped down and rebuilt with sport tuned motor and gears, metal bearings, oil filled shocks and esc'

Just need to get a new shell for it as the original is splitting and I don't think it will take too much punishment

Edited by stonedef
  • Like 2

WP_20170217_16_18_31_Pro_LI_zpswpl3pl7n.jpg

Finally got my TL01 back together today. Its been stripped down and rebuilt with sport tuned motor and gears, metal bearings, oil filled shocks and esc'

Just need to get a new shell for it as the original is splitting and I don't think it will take too much punishment

Takes me back, thats the first proper RC i had that TL01 with the 90's Subaru. Bought it from a friend for some beer money, all thats left of it now is the brownish saber dash controller and the mechanical speed controller.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk