• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Changing the springs on the X-Maxx, when the rear shocks were inverted, there was a little 'slack', so decided to check the oil level.

One needed a little bit, the other was fine - probably both were OK.

My 'X' now has HR black springs all around - it does weigh a fair bit more than stock.

Al.

2 hours ago, johninderby said:

Will see how good it is and if I'm happy with it will get a 1/8 system for the Outlaw.

Definately worth a go at this price.  :yes:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351942448138?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

John

I've  ordered the goolrc 2435 4500kv can for my losi mini 8. 

Hopefully it will be good I've heard plenty of good reviews. 

I also ordered some goolrc pinions that was a bargain. 

1 hour ago, stonedef said:

Just finished cutting out my sons Tamiya Golf Mk1 Kamei. Just need to tidy it up in a few places

ProShot_20170103_173447_zpsogh0kwie.jpg

Very nice. I've started one of them and pretty much got to where you have right now, Just not sure what to do bodywise. I've got enough left over paint from previous projects to 'sort of' do the body box art, but the grill/surround requires 5 additional paints in TS (I didn't know this at the time of purschasing, and I didn't know window masks weren't included) and not prepared to spend the best part of £25 - £30 of 5 tins that will get a couple of squirts. Might just spray it one color, and for the grill hand paint in X18 semi gloss black which I also have a pot of.

I'd be interested in what you're doing, keep us posted :thumbsup:

Edited by ChrisT

17 minutes ago, ChrisT said:

Very nice. I've started one of them and pretty much got to where you have right now, Just not sure what to do bodywise. I've got enough left over paint from previous projects to 'sort of' do the body box art, but the grill/surround requires 5 additional paints in TS (I didn't know this at the time of purschasing, and I didn't know window masks weren't included) and not prepared to spend the best part of £25 - £30 of 5 tins that will get a couple of squirts. Might just spray it one color, and for the grill hand paint in X18 semi gloss black which I also have a pot of.

I'd be interested in what you're doing, keep us posted :thumbsup:

Thanks. My son likes it as well. As for colour he wanted purple at first but now he seems to be leaning towards a metallic silver. I would like to do a box art but as you say there is a lot of cost in paint to do that, so I'll probably do what ever colour he wants and then pick out the black grill on the plastic front end

1 minute ago, stonedef said:

Thanks. My son likes it as well. As for colour he wanted purple at first but now he seems to be leaning towards a metallic silver. I would like to do a box art but as you say there is a lot of cost in paint to do that, so I'll probably do what ever colour he wants and then pick out the black grill on the plastic front end

One color is probably the better choice. Way too much work involved lol

• Like 1

Fitted new shocks to the Jeep:

IMG_20170104_225120_zpson6bzdki.jpg

Fitted 17mm Hex adapters to the E-Firestorm, along with a gearbox clean and new bearings. 

IMG_20170104_201237_zpsjqqcyvof.jpg

Edited by ostewart
  • Like 2

Bashed the Baja, had a really good blast with Ray now his Baja is back up and running, got what I thought was going to be some good 'battle' footage to find my memory card corrupted when I put it in the computer.
Good day ended in a crap way [emoji38]

I fell foul of that christmas day before last, the misses wasn't impressed.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, bieomax said:

I fell foul of that christmas day before last, the misses wasn't impressed.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

It's really making me consider selling up all my action cam stuff and sticking with my DSLR and buying a second more compact mirrorless for filming, ideally with dual memory card slots!

The lead to allow me to run batts in series arrived today so tried the Hyper on 4s. Pretty damn brutal on a 17t pinion :)

• Like 1