• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Finally finished the baja rebuild 😁

but know have a slight problem with the clutch bell rubbing and binding hopefully a quick diy fix and don’t need to spend more money on it

2 minutes ago, Bajadre said:

Gonna get some sick footage lone bro 👍i always comment on crawling videos to get a fpv look bugs me when people film down on them ruins the effect to me 

If i had the spare cash it would be great to put DJI digital fpv on front of a rig and then record HD footage

• Like 2

After a lot of learning and late night enjoyment (maybe it was just the peace and quiet at 1am) I replaced my FTX Bugsta’s broken chassis with the aluminium one, as well as the drive shaft.

I need to get some trim tape for the loose ESC then I am good to go!

I did notice some damage to the gearbox housing where to screw holds one side but that is not an urgent repair. :cheers:

IMG_1151.jpeg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SXFoxstar said:

After a lot of learning and late night enjoyment (maybe it was just the peace and quiet at 1am) I replaced my FTX Bugsta’s broken chassis with the aluminium one, as well as the drive shaft.

I need to get some trim tape for the loose ESC then I am good to go!

I did notice some damage to the gearbox housing where to screw holds one side but that is not an urgent repair. :cheers:

IMG_1151.jpeg

Got a toolstation or screwfix nearby? Grab some 3M VHB for about £8. 

• Thanks 1

On 02/04/2023 at 08:00, Lone-wolf said:

Made a 65g weight that Velcro`s to front of Injora rock buggy on servo, i can also use one of my Runcam 1080HD camera`s on this so i can drive slow and film ahead of me, good if im following other rigs

weight and Runcam.JPG

weight.JPG

runcam HD.JPG

in your experience, what is the Injora kit like? I've been looking at setting up a crawler but all the kits come with bits I don't like or would want to change out. Seems to me I could build one entirely from Injora bits (based around their copy of the SCX10ii platform.

The pricing seems feasible and I wouldn't be farting about buying a kit just to sell say, axles, to then go buy what I want.

Thoughts? 

2 minutes ago, Rustic Ade said:

in your experience, what is the Injora kit like? I've been looking at setting up a crawler but all the kits come with bits I don't like or would want to change out. Seems to me I could build one entirely from Injora bits (based around their copy of the SCX10ii platform.

The pricing seems feasible and I wouldn't be farting about buying a kit just to sell say, axles, to then go buy what I want.

Thoughts? 

the Injora axles can be weak CVD`s may break i fitted Axial axles to mine, it did very well today but needs more work

on the rock.JPG

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

the Injora axles can be weak CVD`s may break i fitted Axial axles to mine, it did very well today but needs more work

on the rock.JPG

I'm considering the wider, metal bodied Wraith ones for more stability on side hills?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

Nervously cut the fuel filler out and drilled tiny holes for the door handles and mounted the aluminium front/rear bumper and rock sliders 

127F26DB-47F7-496B-A96D-FDB968DD6888.thumb.jpeg.3fdbb086b85e1fb686260a5d9b6f05a8.jpegE7A54123-D6C1-41D6-8655-54BCC331BB64.thumb.jpeg.d0348b615b3e08437693f6346c8646fe.jpeg895A338B-A28B-4DD0-8830-4B4113B4961A.thumb.jpeg.b7d4b976954581f27fc52d0d13a524e9.jpeg816F51FB-2C49-458A-A4EA-8FEC4ACC711F.thumb.jpeg.b0159f14b376b11711434717c7824f1e.jpeg

Can you still count to 12 with your fingers?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rustic Ade said:

I'm only jealous, I struggle with counting on my fingers, the webbing makes it confusing.

I’m not gonna lie I don’t get the joke 🤣

• Haha 3