• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

19 minutes ago, Iain .R said:

Just so the 5G towers don't give my RC car illness

hi is this a RC   joke or private joke as I dont get it ???????.   

Some people were destroying 5G towers at a point claiming they give people Corona virus. 5G towers haven't hacked my RC cars. 

• Haha 3

Its not a joke when its a fact*, G5 towers spread faster internet, that makes corona spread faster as its a virus and only computers get and share virus's!
Thank you for protecting us from Jeff and Gates trying to control our brains!

*not actually a fact its all a joke!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Redback said:

Its not a joke when its a fact*, G5 towers spread faster internet, that makes corona spread faster as its a virus and only computers get and share virus's!
Thank you for protecting us from Jeff and Gates trying to control our brains!

*not actually a fact its all a joke!

Actually wifey's mini 8 was cogging earlier and I didn't foil it up. I doubt it's the over sized 20-something tooth pinion (14T stock), must be the 5G towers stealing my jigawatts.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Bert_w164 said:

5G towers plus a bit of strengthening - I figure the tape in some way helps. And if it doesn't, 5g towers. 

Ps @Hell horn.I made it fit, it sits inside the side guards instead of sitting outside it...but I prefer that as it seems like it's easier to come across side guards than it is finding Losi E shells. 

Other than that some careful cable management was all that was required. 

I had issues with 5g at a flying site, dont fly there no more and now have a 1hour each way trip to a site i can fly from so yes 5g does affect 2.4

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

I had issues with 5g at a flying site, dont fly there no more and now have a 1hour each way trip to a site i can fly from so yes 5g does affect 2.4

So my aluminium tin foil hat for my RC car isn't in vain? Well there you have it @Iain .R what was a joke has truth to it 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Bert_w164 said:

I made some vent holes, and redone my meshing. IMG_20210708_182115.thumb.jpg.69eee0d33bc88ae638950d15d446a1fc.jpg

IMG_20210708_183820.jpg

ah nice, much neater than the hyper 7 shell bud, if you wanted you could use stainless steel mesh and glue some on the inside which would still allow airflow but keep every thing else out 🙂

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/s?k=stainless+steel+mesh&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

i used very fine mesh on my hyper 7 as i had loads left over from when i used to make ecig wiks using it and dads using some on his models too keep stuff from getting into the fans on the esc's 🙂

ooajG3y.jpg

your losis's look sweet 🙂

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bert_w164 said:

I think the build is finally done @Luvell RC....

@Hell horn. once again, thank you so much for the shell. I used acetone to take off the blue specks and went a bit mad with decals (might not be to everyone's taste but I love it!)

IMG_20210709_124901__01__01__01.jpg

IMG_20210709_124853__01.jpg

Looks fantastic dude. Miss my old 8ights now. 

• Like 1

Sorted out a bent adjustment thingy...big 8 rammed into small 8 last night 😔

IMG_20210710_110537.thumb.jpg.a1390df588e1a6f556fd7f36520a6441.jpg

Mole grips saved the day, also added some aluminium hexes and sorted out the dodgy steering / camber...

IMG_20210710_114556.thumb.jpg.9064e28a127c87e5ddcf45d5d54a3125.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Not so much the model but the controllers, i like to film the crawlers in action but it can be a royal pain trying to get the right video, getting the good perspective on the car, found i can add a selfie stick in the mix so camera (Akaso V50X) is right down at ground level. The Akaso has great electronic image stabilisation so looking forward to trying this out

camera mount.JPG

Good call! Does it have an auto leveling gibal seems like thats the only missing key to perfect footage.

• Like 1

Fitted a new spur and far better meshed pinion (87/14 all a good learning experience!) both attached to the (far too powerful really) Holmes 550 12t crawlmaster, and all cleaned, greased, and plonked back in the Scout. It didn’t stay like that long….

Who needs a Traxxas eh 😉 it’s even on a Nimh still 😂