• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

wow looks ace mate, you got a motor and esc for it

I certainly do mate, I stripped, checked and re-oiled/re-greased it all yesterday the radio and motor/esc is going in today 👍

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Want a little tip to make it easier to keep up...

Go get a selfie stick...a decent one not a Chinese amazon special one ....take the phone mount off the stick but leave the 3/8 bolt attachment on ...then on the handle end, bolt a loop of fabric to the end of it.

Screw the gimbal onto the stick like you've done with your mini tripod...and set it to landscape mode not portrait.

Now heres the trick...turn it upside down....and hook the loop of fabric over your arm like a shopping bag so you can still use your hands.

The gimbal will go into inverted mode automatically as its upside down.

Now you can walk along following your rc...and the phone will be at ankle height (perfect for scale videos) so it'll look like those slick scale videos that follow the truck at truck height and you still have use of both hands...

Or you can do it like me and steer with your chin whilst holding a phone in the one hand and tx in the other...🤣🤣🤣👌

Thanks for the tip about hanging it from my elbow / arm, I have tried it upside down when it goes into inverted mode, seems to work well but as I am holding it in my hand of course I can’t steer, will give your idea a go next time I’m out.

Thanks for doing the videos loads of valuable info, but I also need to practice more at getting in the right position 

Billy

• Like 1

This Traxxas TQi tr & tx arrived today via the forum sales from @Gaz!, great deal thanks.

To be used with TRX-4 Sport by Margaret (my far better other half) so she can have more bling like lights, winch etc

E6127B34-4D5C-4D8A-A034-F1076D3D0530.jpeg

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, MrCake said:

I take it that it didnt come with connectors?  They normally come with the battery with the 3rd connector in the middle being where the balance plug goes into.

Yes, it has 3 connectors, just need to work out how to wire the balance lead

50 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

A new hardcase lipo for the EMB1, though I must confess, I’m a little stumped as to how to wire it, the plus and minus I’m fine with, but there is a third connector that looks like it goes in between these?, and how do I balance charge it?

7B5DED83-EED0-4FFA-88B5-7B7F979C9856.jpeg

Something like this should sort you out. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202893152584

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

bearing kits no1 in my list when buying Tamiya's 

Nice Landy tho :good:

41 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

Decent shocks are 2nd. 

Bearing kit on the way, shocks trying to work out which ones

Edited by billyb_imp
  • Like 1