• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

2 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

Tidy, I’m torn between them and the 5200’s

I'm space limited in some of my rigs so had to go for the 3300s. I did have some Turnigy 3600s but I've killed them slowly. 

3 hours ago, walkbythesea said:

Screwfix often do deals on these, 2 for 1 or heavily discounted

STANLEY FATMAX Pro Deep Storage Organiser for Small Parts, 10 Removable Compartments, 1-97-521 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004IZTG7G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_JRM45PPHR6ZCP2AMXQJ6

They also do a shallow version for smaller quantities. 

As an ex tradey I’d recommend them over the removable divider type as you can take out the individual trays and just keep that in your workspace, and the screws are kept more secure in each tray than in dividers - the numbers of jiggly dividers I’ve suffered where washers etc slip underneath the dividers and everything gets mixed up is just not funny. 

I do have a few of these in the cellar but was thinking the tubs in there are probably a bit big for what I'm after now. However, having a look at the Stanley website has lead me to the ones below which look to be a more sensible size for my needs now and are hopefully built to the same standards; I'll get one on order to try out.

https://www.stanleytools.co.uk/products/detail/Products/STORAGE/Organisers+_+bins/STANLEY®+FATMAX®+Shallow+Organizers+

This had also got me thinking about the Raaco organisers that I used to use at work quite a bit but I'd forgotten just how expensive they are so won't be in a hurry to get any of them.

5 hours ago, walkbythesea said:

Tidy, I’m torn between them and the 5200’s

They perform well, but dont seem to last unfortunately. All mine have ended up in the bin =/

I got some Maxx parts

image.thumb.jpeg.f6761db61aec5c1ddc90ef3944fbbeb3.jpeg

OYe8v7m.jpg

Edited by Guns
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, tomr said:

Nothing RC related today but finally got my hands on a PS5 😁

8021E3A4-A1E0-470C-B813-AAAD1157F146.thumb.jpeg.14d14c412a99791fdf1add7919d9b8e4.jpeg

Nice one, you have been after this for ages.................but is this you lost to the RC world for weeks wearing your thumbs out lol

• Haha 2

Got my new storage box. 

In general it’s a nice box, construction is very similar to the bigger ones just with a change to the lid catches. 

It’s not bad for keeping spare parts in (for my 1/14 scale cars) but is a bit too big for storing loose screws/nuts (you also only get eight of the small tubs, and six of the bigger ones which isn’t the right mix for what I wanted) so I think I’m still on the lookout for something smaller to put my screw collection into so i can ditch the little plastic bags. 

EA48A387-9AB2-431C-ADBE-40623CCEB6ED.jpeg

• Like 3