• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tonka Winnebago RC Project

PraetoR

I remember the Tonka video, I’m rather taken by your conversion.  I’m doing a similar project (but using TRX4 axles) and have used wide rims reversed to get the desired effect - just a thought? I see your rims don’t have a lot of offset already however, so not a massive gain.

541A686E-B5AA-45AA-A9BD-23A8CFFBA9FC.thumb.jpeg.55a5edeea497a185136a0ec1b4ce9c54.jpeg

Shock hoops? How about these bolted the chassis instead?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402769162371?hash=item5dc6e9b083:g:-HUAAOSwAktgYaxP&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoGb74lHXIbsfWeEu3nsPaDDKSXI2B6CeR0yobSA8K592fzKPq2FkkDhqhfSC%2Bfkd4TQn7fAiiIU%2F0f%2FsVFGzMSBPWj6wT0GWFlwtTxoVxZSL5Qx0c%2BtnO8ZsjENN16k5nCzFabFJeM640PTjn2UGh4%2F1Mi5bO0KejZBRyQyVkLep%2BYA06QRHclGGnzAIJesSZNWtx7RsuRs1qH7aWxZg9yk%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR-6D36O4YQ

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Shergar said:

The suspension seems a bit hard if its cocking a back wheel! Or will it behave with the weight of the body?

Yeah, pretty sure that's the case. These are the same shocks and springs I used to run on the Komodo and they worked well.

There will be a lot of fettling required!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...