• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AA batteries for TX

Bigjimknickers

Tx are usually low drain so lithium primary AA cells are overkill and likely the most expensive in-use battery (2900mah), as they are more suited for high drain applications. Still using basic rechargeables  (2000mah) in mine, as they have plenty of other uses in different items. But you can always treat yourself.

4 hours ago, BigGinge said:

https://amzn.eu/d/bCGRoXc

I’ve got load of these floating about in the house. Most are lost in various kids toys but there are normally plenty left to go in the Tx too. 

I bought some of those but I find they're too fat if you sticking a few side by side.

I got some of these to try which slip in nicely, have a reasonable rating and are still good value.

10 hours ago, Bigjimknickers said:

I’m genuinely surprised, I figured everyone would be using proper decent batteries over cheapos! I’ll grab a few tomorrow probably from screwfix I imagine Aldi will be an utter zoo tomorrow.

I'm not a fan of cheap batteries - I bought some Halfords specials, put them in and the low battery light came on!

I've use Duracell industrial for high draw wirk equipment which are tres bon. I used some in a transmitter a few weeks back, accidentally left it on overnight and they still had plenty of puff - they're still in there now in fact!

I prefer rechargeables because you can just plug the transmitter in to charge them without the faff of taking them in and out. Got to keep an occasional eye on the terminal contacts though.

• Like 2

On 22/12/2022 at 13:47, Lone-wolf said:

My flysky GT3 is using 8x AA rechargeable, a bit of a pain as i can only charge 4 at a time plus the weight, so i am doing a 3S 1P Li-ion pack rated at 3000mah

i tend to use cheap batts in other TX`s as they dont get a whole lot of use

I finally finished the Li-ion battery for my GT3b, its a snug fit but thats a good thing, so i now have a 3000mah 3S 1p pack, made from 3 18650 vape cells

3S 1P pack.JPG

pack fitted flysky.JPG

• Like 2