• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Don't buy from RC Modelz

JDBerden

Just received my new Traction Hobby Cragsman Pro from RC Modelz in the UK. Although I am really happy with the Traction Hobby product the distributer was major POS. Upon opening the outer box I noticed that the factory seals had ben cut. Once I opened the interior box the RC was just laying in the box not attached to the packaging in any way. The RC had scuffing & scratch's along the leading edge of the roof / hood. Also there was not a factory manual or directions. I contacted the distributor & they tried to tell that the factory seals were for them & that they open the boxes to inspect the product & add extra packing & stickers. I informed them that the factory seals were for the consumer to make sure they were not receiving a returned item & to prevent tampering/pilfering by the distributor. I also informed them that there was no additional packing or stickers in the box. They also told me some scratchs & scuffing were normal. They offered to return it but there website says they charge a 20% restocking fee if they determine there was not adequate damage to return. I requested a replacement body & they countered with a 30% discount on a new clear body . I told them to pound sand. So I recommend the Traction Hobby brand but I would stay away from RC Modelz.com. Next time I but from Asiatees.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

think ill miss out that shop and stick to model sport and wheelspin with the odd amazon and ebay things, cheers for the heads up 🙂

Likewise.

• Like 1

Factory seals are actually there for the supplier/retailer to show it is complete on arrival. I get why a customer might be annoyed if these are broken but it isn't uncommon for retailers to tear them open to add a few extra bits in off your order instead of putting it in a bigger box with a load of packing peanuts. :good:

But yeah there's no excuse for the product to be damaged/scratched.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had a problem with a 30dnt truck which had a warped spur gear from RC modelz. Within 2days of contacting them a complete center diff turns up at my door. That was the days when they had a phone number and actually answered it though😂

Edited by tanveer