• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ARRMA 1/7 Fireteam 6s 4WD BLX

Nick

1 hour ago, BashingBrian said:

What a surprise it's American and the dolls inside are all holding guns..!! Not really a good role model for kids 🤣🤣

No but i think the American market will go mad for it tho :insane:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BashingBrian said:

What a surprise it's American and the dolls inside are all holding guns..!! Not really a good role model for kids 🤣🤣

Of course they have guns... it's called a "Fireteam"!!

... for... some reason... 🤔

• Haha 1

Queue the Arrma Deathangel-Destructor Prime 5000 next.

While on topic of stupendous "bad-ass" names. Will carry freedom-delivering cruise missiles, play "'murica, f* yeah" from a speaker at the rear and be massively overweight. 

• Haha 3

Love the concept of a side-by-side that is fast, has loads of suspension travel but the toy men are a big nope and that price!!   I will say that the handling does look nice and I wish the DR8 was a bit more like this in that department.  

Might just be me but the price increases really are starting to kill the hobby for me.  Only been back in the game for a couple of years and the increases that I alone have seen are insane. 

• Like 1

I don't mind figures inside if they are done well but if they are just going to look like cheap moulded plastic, give me an interior without figures and I'll find my own.  The detailing on the legs of the figures reminds me of something I'd expect to find in a 100 GBP Feiyue!

After spending a bit more time watching vids etc I’ve decided to cancel my pre order, reasons are not because of the plastic figures so many don’t like or the chassis layout . 

There’s just way too much backside licking in the freebie vids it’s so bad it’s sickening. Now usually you get a little like you’d expect but this time it’s way over board so much so that I can’t help but feel Arrma has enforced them to do so. This leads to my concern is there still  release issues with this that they are  simply trying so hard to cover up ? 

• Like 2

I wonder if it has to do with the upper arms. The lowers are EXB arms if i'm not mistaken, but the uppers looked really flimsy in the video i watched (don't even know who i watched, just wanted to get a quick impression). 

Stopped watching videos of new releases with sound, just listening to music when watching - listening to a "review" nowadays is entirely worthless and will lead to disappointment. It probably will have its place in the fanbase, and i think an offroader with handbrake (i think i saw a handbrake servo?) could be cool - just, for me, not at that price for what you're getting, and maybe a little less cringe with the rhetoric and guns.

The action figures are unnecessary, but not a deal breaker. 

The looks are, as always, subjective. I like it. 

The handling looks good in all the vids I've watched. 

The interlocking of the cage into the bumpers looks like a win in terms of engineering and durability. 

The power system is acceptable, certainly not bin fodder. 

Drive-train should be OK, but sending out shims? No! It's 2022! At this price point, those components should be designed and manufactured so that shimming isn't needed. 

Prefer the black. 

I've seen a few shots of the underside of the body where you can see what look like self tapping screws - does anyone know, or seen if the figures can be removed ??

Other than that, this looks really appealing and fun to me.

4 minutes ago, Suits said:

I've seen a few shots of the underside of the body where you can see what look like self tapping screws - does anyone know, or seen if the figures can be removed ??

Other than that, this looks really appealing and fun to me.

The Arrma forum guys are saying you can't remove the little space alien dolls (withouot brute force), and can remove the ray guns 😅  Also that whole batmobile cage body costs >$200 to replace 🤫

Edited by RcBEN9
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RcBEN9 said:

The Arrma forum guys are saying you can't remove the little space alien dolls, but can remove the ray guns 😅  Also that whole batmobile cage body costs >$200 to replace.

Hahahah, cheers man.

Yeah, there's no two ways about it really, those figures are moody, with the guns - they're atrocious.

Perhaps you can blank plate the sides or something.

I'm still into it overall though.

If you don’t want the body just make your own truck up this is just a Kraton running a Mojave chassis with black shocks etc instead of red ! 

You'd get a better truck as well if you went the exb route money wise there’s not much in it either actually cheaper if you have a combo knocking about 👍

2 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

If you don’t want the body just make your own truck up this is just a Kraton running a Mojave chassis with black shocks etc instead of red ! 

You'd get a better truck as well if you went the exb route money wise there’s not much in it either actually cheaper if you have a combo knocking about 👍

Yeah, I don't doubt that for a second, totally agree.

I'm still fairly new to the hobby though and the thought of building my own truck from scratch, at this moment in time is rather daunting.

Currently the buy it, run it method is the most appealing, as I get further into the hobby the idea of building my own truck is tempting.

I've also been listening to everyone saying that it's just a chassis from here, shocks from there and mount from that, which is fair but I don't have a Mojave, or a Talion or a Kraton.

So this seems like a kinda cool option. Besides the gun wielding protectors of the flag.

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

So without the shell, is it a Kraton? Or is it bigger?

It’s a  Kraton with a Mojave chassis which makes it a bit longer the Kraton and wider than the Mojave that’s it if you want one buy the exb Kraton 6s and a exb Mojave chassis and center bits from Jenny’s 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

It’s a  Kraton with a Mojave chassis which makes it a bit longer the Kraton and wider than the Mojave that’s it if you want one buy the exb Kraton 6s and a exb Mojave chassis and center bits from Jenny’s 👍

A bit sneaky of Arrma. Just a hybrid of their own left overs with a new (pretty awful) shell. I love Arrma, and have a few of their models, but this one doesn’t do it for me. 

That said, I wouldn’t mind having a quick go with one… 😬😂

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Ahh ok. Not after one, swore Id never own another Arrma, but was curious

41 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

A bit sneaky of Arrma. Just a hybrid of their own left overs with a new (pretty awful) shell. I love Arrma, and have a few of their models, but this one doesn’t do it for me. 

That said, I wouldn’t mind having a quick go with one… 😬😂

Lol what about the outcast that’s just Kraton arms on a typhoon chassis . It’s common practice for companies to use there parts over multiple vehicles. What got me was this isn’t there design nor was the outcast they where both made up by there so called test dummies 😂. Bit like the 4s range which started live as a buggy hybrid mind you that did get a plastic chassis makeover oh and plastic gears 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Lol what about the outcast that’s just Kraton arms on a typhoon chassis . It’s common practice for companies to use there parts over multiple vehicles. What got me was this isn’t there design nor was the outcast they where both made up by there so called test dummies 😂. Bit like the 4s range which started live as a buggy hybrid mind you that did get a plastic chassis makeover oh and plastic gears 😂

Hahaha, sneaky snakes! Didn’t know that. It definitely makes sense though, must save them a fortune in manufacturing and also means interchangeable parts across models which ultimately helps the consumers if buying into the range.

I still like Arrma, and personally don’t get all the bad press as I find them pretty hard wearing, extensive parts/hop ups available and loads of fun. They’re expensive which is a downer, but all high end brands/models seem to be these days.

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

Ahh ok. Not after one, swore Id never own another Arrma, but was curious

Bit like you said you’d never get a crawler?  😜