• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What's on your Christmas list to Santa?

Nick

1 hour ago, Nick said:

What have we all asked Santa to bring us in his magical sack of RC goodies this year? :lol:

I’m after the impossible. I’d really really really like a Tamiya Audi A4 STW body shell with matching wheels and paints for Xmas. Specifically with the ‘D1’ sponsor on the doors and bonnet. Can’t find one anywhere at a reasonable price as I don’t think they’re being made anymore?😕

I have managed to find it in a kit form but I’m not after another chassis. 

if anyone knows where I can get my hands on one, please let me know. Thanks!

374F3701-BE8F-494F-9644-F80C5FD3C156.jpeg

1 hour ago, supersavage said:

Nothing RC as it's all too expensive now 🥲

Does Santa leave a bill behind at the savage household? Perhaps you were too naughty this year?

• Haha 3

Asked for some more pinion gears to help feed my speed addiction but other than that not much else. Can't really go spending big on each other at the moment and if I want RC's vehicles I usually buy them myself (cause they're expensive as @supersavage touched on). :good:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Yorkshireman said:

Someone has to pick up the bill......Santa's not real you know!!! 🤣

wait whaaaaaaatttttt?????????????????

but but @stormbringer is santa???????????? 😛

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Haha 2

Just been on the ModelSport shop website and it appears that I need/want/desire more stuff than I first thought.

Is there any option on the MS checkout page to pay a fiver a week for a year or two or three or............ten :lol:

Won't get rc stuff. Never do. Family don't see it as worth getting. So it's the usual crap I won't use or want. 

Only thing I'd really like this year. Is the ability to go out by myself again and not have to rely on others.  Sucks that I can't just get the rc out without arranging someone to go with me. 

• Sad 3

22 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

Won't get rc stuff. Never do. Family don't see it as worth getting. So it's the usual crap I won't use or want. 

Only thing I'd really like this year. Is the ability to go out by myself again and not have to rely on others.  Sucks that I can't just get the rc out without arranging someone to go with me. 

Oh dear, are you on a tag? 😉

• Like 1

On 09/12/2021 at 09:40, Hell horn. said:

That's a big shame mate.  There's nothing like receiving a pile of crap that you don't want.

Better luck this Xmas :good:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

I wish. Health issues after having a stroke in January. The tag would be easier to deal with and remove...... 

Feel for ya. My mother's had two, the first almost got her. Second one wasn't so bad. 

Best of luck with your recovery. 

5 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

I wish. Health issues after having a stroke in January. The tag would be easier to deal with and remove...... 

There may be light at end of tunnel, a lot of people that have had a stroke go on to make a pretty good recovery, takes time and some effort , a friend that i fly planes with is older mid 60 and had a stroke he now gets back out and flies again, even walking to a flying site that makes me puff and pant

On 09/12/2021 at 09:40, Hell horn. said:

Im not gonna say crap cause I appreciate every gift someone takes the time or effort to get me. But Im currently having this ‘row’ with my Mrs. She wants to get me something, the budget is irrelevant. Ive got everything I need as it is, suprising me with some clothes or Trainers isnt going to be as useful to me as some uprated Drivehafts or a servo for my new Rustler VXL (that, tbh she brought me) than something ‘random’.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

Im not gonna say crap cause I appreciate every gift someone takes the time or effort to get me. But Im currently having this ‘row’ with my Mrs. She wants to get me something, the budget is irrelevant. Ive got everything I need as it is, suprising me with some clothes or Trainers isnt going to be as useful to me as some uprated Drivehafts or a servo for my new Rustler VXL (that, tbh she brought me) than something ‘random’.

Here you go, ask her to get you a mid range crawler, something that you have not got..............okay said that in jest lol

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

So do I dude. If someone has gone to the trouble to get me something then I will be grateful and happy to receive it. It's generally I get stuff like food and drink. Or clothes. With i probably won't of chosen as it's not my style. But they think it is nice. So it gets used one or twice and put in the back or the cupboard. I'd rather them save time and effort. Ask me what I want. Or me to order it and them pay for it. With they have done once or twice. 

I always get something they have asked for. What ever it is or why they want it. But it's family so everything is good and I appreciate it all. Just buy my rc stuff myself when and if I can. 

2 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

There may be light at end of tunnel, a lot of people that have had a stroke go on to make a pretty good recovery, takes time and some effort , a friend that i fly planes with is older mid 60 and had a stroke he now gets back out and flies again, even walking to a flying site that makes me puff and pant

I'm getting there slowly. I know I was crazy lucky with what I was left with after the stroke. I lived and can walk.  Better then most. The type I had was a bleed. And about 75% of people who have it die within a few hours and then a large amount within a few weeks. So to come out of it with the affects I have to deal with is fantastic. I have good days and bad days. At the moment it's bad as my good leg is playing up with a issue I have had all my life. With is just making it worse.

My friend becky had a stroke a year before me at 31 years old. And she is now paralysed from the neck down and has locked in syndrome.  At this point that's it for life. Such a shame as she is a fantastic person.  So seeing what could have happened I take every day as an extra. And am pushing myself to do more of what I enjoy and do more with my family and friends then I was doing before. Sorry long post. 

• Like 2