• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Associated Rival MT10 owners.

Oh How Original

1 hour ago, J.K said:

Yes Dan! Looks like she got a right beating right out the box :good: Looking forward to reading your findings.

That's the only way to do it lol.

Footage will be uploaded today, I planned to do a little mini review, either a write up, or video on my channel, but I will wait until I've given it some more abuse with the Helion Avenge arms.

Perhaps it might show other weak spots or this break might have been a one off.

I plan to be honest.

• Like 1

Looks good fella but this is about the 5th time now I’ve heard of the arms breaking at the hinge pin maybe it was the cold but it’s starting to look like it might be it’s weak spot 🤷🏻‍♂️  Mind you there cheap as chips to replace 👍

Get that vid up 😂👍

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Looks good fella but this is about the 5th time now I’ve heard of the arms breaking at the hinge pin maybe it was the cold but it’s starting to look like it might be it’s weak spot 🤷🏻‍♂️  Mind you there cheap as chips to replace 👍

Get that vid up 😂👍

Yeah I'm not treating it as a big deal really, I saw one other video of it breaking, that was again down to driver error really.

I think (not defending the truck) my issue is I drive everything like a short course :lol: 

It will be uploaded today.

• 2 weeks later...

Really like the look of this - contemplating upgrading to a 1/10 from from my LC Racing Buggy.

It's this or the Senton 3S - mainly cos I love the look of the short course trucks.

5 hours ago, collective itch said:

bit off topic, but how does everyone stop running in water ruining their bearings? took my savage and losi 8 2.0 and loads of the bearings are knackered. I used to strip down after every run but cab to do that anymore.

Bit of GT85 or WD40 before you go out, then the same treatment when you get home.

That will help, but you'll just have to face ruined bearings eventually if you like to play in water.

Bit of marine grease could potentially help, but will also fling everywhere.

• Like 1

perfect bashing day, had loads of fun before the overheating protection kicked in, nothing broken and even if I had couple of really bad roll overs and jumps it proved to be strong basher but!!! I think outside temp played a huge role, was +18C so I believe you need to wait for bit more warmer weather to test her full potential 👍  

didn't take gopro with me but next time I will

IMG_2106.thumb.JPG.b95466b7a60f7487f941ecdebceddaf5.JPG

• Like 1

You might check your outcast arms, if they are same width at the diff site lenght is not important, you might be even able to use top and steering turnbuckles, c-hubs and cvds as it’s the same concept for both cars

3 hours ago, Kukynas said:

I think it’ll take time till someone finds alternatives, it’s still pretty new car, may be granite could be that alternative Instead of outcast being also 3S and smaller

I had considered the Granite as well, based on my Senton being almost the same, but just not as tall.

I might measure them up, although again the Senton is bigger.