• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How may cars before its to many

Wltoys 12402-a

I used to be of the opinion you can't have too many, but in actual fact, I think you can.

Nowadays I tend to stick to different stuff, if I am looking at a model and it's only really going to do the same sort of thing as something I already own, then why bother, it's just more batteries and more expense :lol: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Oh How Original said:

I used to be of the opinion you can't have too many, but in actual fact, I think you can.

Nowadays I tend to stick to different stuff, if I am looking at a model and it's only really going to do the same sort of thing as something I already own, then why bother, it's just more batteries and more expense :lol: 

I use to buy cars that fitted the lipos i already had

N+1, N = how many you currently own. 

Was at 12, I think, now down to single figures. Prefer the larger stuff these days, but they're horribly expensive and take up so much room. 

27 minutes ago, Guns said:

Quality and diversity over quantity IMO

So people with a big collection only have bad quality.  lol    Diversity is hard to judge. as you could have a trail truck a basic crawler  also a full on wall climber.

2 minutes ago, Guns said:

Where did I insinuate that?

you said Quality and diversity over quantity      also you left out the LOL  that i put. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turok007 said:

you said Quality and diversity over quantity      also you left out the LOL  that i put. 

And I stand by what I said?

Money isnt infinite, and given a budget, Id personally rather 1x proper RC than 3x Chinese knocks offs for example?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wltoys 12402-a said:

How many cars buggys or trucks is it till you say no more or is it we just get bored of 1 so we need another 1 lol 🤣🤣🤣🤣 or is it we just what 1 for when we break 1 lol 

20210128_124943.jpg

20210227_175209.jpg

You could think of it like this  you could want a rally a crawler a trail truck a speed machine / sc /mt    so would all depend on what your into  or your needs.

I feel fairly confident I'm sub 20... I think.... But not by much if at all..... 🙈🤣

I feel relief though in the knowledge that a buddy of mine is somewhere between 150/200 - many still boxed!!... I would consider him a bit special :-).

Personally I certainly never meant to have more than around 4 or 5.... Or that was the plan..... ( Got to start somewhere right!?? LOL)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stimpy said:

I feel fairly confident I'm sub 20... I think.... But not by much if at all..... 🙈🤣

I feel relief though in the knowledge that a buddy of mine is somewhere between 150/200 - many still boxed!!... I would consider him a bit special :-).

Personally I certainly never meant to have more than around 4 or 5.... Or that was the plan..... ( Got to start somewhere right!?? LOL)

boxed it different  unless it is the same car over and over  lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guns said:

And I stand by what I said?

Money isnt infinite, and given a budget, Id personally rather 1x proper RC than 3x Chinese knocks offs for example?

I have 3 Chinese knock offs and there is nothing wrong with them tbf yea I hand to upgrade to oil filled shocks and on my buggy a new servo.But I have had traxxas car that needed the same really i sold my Xmax to get the 3 I have now 👍👍🤪🤪😡

Edited by Wltoys 12402-a
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Wltoys 12402-a said:

I have 3 Chinese knock offs and there is nothing wrong with them tbf yea I hand to upgrade to oil filled shocks and on my buggy a new servo.But I have had traxxas car that needed the same really i sold my Xmax to get the 3 I have now 👍👍🤪🤪😡

And also top model's at high prices have there faults 2 not just Chinese knock offs 

Have as many as you want (or can store) iv been back in the hobby for 3 years now after about a 10 year break (thanks to my partner wanting a try), I had 3 cars that I kept but now iv got 22 (13 runners) + several parts cars and my girlfriend has 7. But the thing with this hobby is you always look for one more project

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

so true mate so damm true :rofl:

Should have also said the other parts of the RC game are as accumulative I had over 100 planes (a lot were old timers cast offs or resto jobs) but they got me up to the LMA display pilot level and a couple of boats until life screwed up

• Like 1

I have around 20. Not all work currently.  5 main cars I use. And getting a new 7th scale soon.  All my cars are for different stuff. Rock crawlers. Bashers. Speed runs. Scale builds. Micro cars for indoor fun. 12th scale hot rod for on road fun.  All different cars for different stuff.  So there is no to many if all your cars are for different driving.  If you go and buy 20 of the same car and that's what you want. Then that's fine. It's what you want. Enjoy it.  Have as many or as few cars as you want. 

• Like 1

It is addiction, I think I owned more then 40 cars in 6 years, redused it to 7cars last year but now I am back at 14 cars, I can help myself always looking for a bargain or something new to buy even if I just had bought a new car, and the covid thing sitting a lot at home with nothing to do did not help to stop it.

But 40 was a little to much, the cars that I own now are a mix of onroad cars,offroad cars, crawler and 1/8 and1/10 scale monster trucks and buggies.

Edited by No brains
  • Like 3