• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Tracer / HBX 16890?

bertberr

That sounds about right. I think you can get brushless FTX models now too but they don’t come with all of the upgrades from the pro model. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all... I'm new to the forum and found it while looking for info on the FTX Tracer.

I may have been swayed towards the HBX Pro now! Does anyone have any idea how long delivery might take to the UK?

And is everclear's battery tray still available to purchase anywhere? I'm keen to add a little more run time with a bigger battery.

Thanks!

50 minutes ago, Jim_D said:

Hello all... I'm new to the forum and found it while looking for info on the FTX Tracer.

I may have been swayed towards the HBX Pro now! Does anyone have any idea how long delivery might take to the UK?

And is everclear's battery tray still available to purchase anywhere? I'm keen to add a little more run time with a bigger battery.

Thanks!

Shoot me a PM if you need a battery tray. I removed them from eBay as is it just wasn't cost effective.

The more I read about it the more I worry that getting lipo batteries might be asking for trouble for a first rc.  I can see the car being forgotten about for a week, where at least li-ion batteries can sit there charged and ready to go without faffing about with storage charge and keeping them in a fire proof box!

Perhaps he will be better off with the brushed version of the Tracer until he knows he wants to play with it more and more and he can consider an upgraded version.

If I get a longer life battery (1500mah) that should give him a decent play time , along with the 800 it comes with, I guess.

Question: can the brushless Tracer run on a li-ion or are they lipo only?

• 1 month later...

Hi all.  I’ve recently started following this thread.  I got my son a FTX Tracer (brushless).  So far I’ve only upgraded the rear diff cups to metal.  Most of the metal parts are out of stock so I can’t even do the oil filled shocks yet.

Something I was curious about was whether anyone has upgraded the servo on the brushless version to something better?

@everclear1984I can’t PM you yet, but I’d like a battery tray if you’re still offering them up. 🙂

Nino

On 29/04/2023 at 08:58, ninobrn99 said:

Hi all.  I’ve recently started following this thread.  I got my son a FTX Tracer (brushless).  So far I’ve only upgraded the rear diff cups to metal.  Most of the metal parts are out of stock so I can’t even do the oil filled shocks yet.

Something I was curious about was whether anyone has upgraded the servo on the brushless version to something better?

@everclear1984I can’t PM you yet, but I’d like a battery tray if you’re still offering them up. 🙂

Nino

Sorry, I haven't been on the forum much lately. I sent you a message and it seemed to go through ok. If for some reason you can't reply just let me know and I'll post it here 🙂

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 31/12/2021 at 11:48, mcdodd said:

Hi, I have justgot my little boy the Flyhal FC600

https://www.banggood.com/Flyhal-FC600-Two-Batteries-RTR-1-or-16-2_4G-4WD-60km-or-h-Brushless-Fast-RC-Drift-Cars-Vehicles-LED-Light-Full-Proportional-Models-Toys-p-1890171.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=USA&ID=531931

I am looking for compatible shells and parts please. Can someone please point me in the right direction? he likes the Blackzon shell for the spyder? but I cannot see them anywhere!
many thanks in advance
Mark

Just going back to this, my steering to the left seems to have become not very responsive? It will turn to the right fine. I've tried changing it on the controller but it doesn't make any real difference. Is there something I can do to get it back to normal please? nothing appears to be broken or out of place..
Many thanks in advance

• 4 months later...

Many peeps still running these little 1/16 trucks, or is it all MJX these days?  Dusted mine off yesterday, couple of things to sort, then I'll start using it again outside the house.  Really are tough old trucks these.

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/10/2023 at 16:15, mcdodd said:

Just going back to this, my steering to the left seems to have become not very responsive? It will turn to the right fine. I've tried changing it on the controller but it doesn't make any real difference. Is there something I can do to get it back to normal please? nothing appears to be broken or out of place..
Many thanks in advance

Did you get anywhere with this as I'm having the same issue? Planning to greese the steering components but wondered if it was worth upgrading the servo.