• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1/10 Scale £200 Challenge

SWF

Hi Everybody

I’m new here and looking for your advice!

I have a couple of rc trucks and have got some of my workmates interested.

We have come up with a £200 1/10 scale race challenge. 

The idea is to spend that budget, penalty points awarded for overspend, and race around a course within the confines of the work multi-storey car park. Not the smoothest of surfaces, but no rocks haha!

So, where does the  money go in order to win?

Buggy, rally, touring, which car and from which manufacturer, it has to be 1/10, so my LC Racing is out.

Any input much appreciated!

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

TT01E Subaru Impreza + a cheap GoolRC brushless setup. Should be around £160 and i'm pretty certain you'll not get anything faster. 

edit: for under £200, that is.

Edited by m4inbrain

Im kinda on this, ordered some stuff already so i have maverick strada brushed TC £104 120amp esc from surpass £34 and 3660 3300kb motor from surpass £14.

Got a pile of 4s lipo`s so sorted on that, once i have the car all set up i just need to get foam tyre/wheels for it, but just doing this as a low end speed run car, expect to hit 70_mph with it

I’ll have a compare of the Maverick v Tamiya.

There is a brushless Strada, which might make the cut?

Those look like Good prices for brushless setup.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by SWF
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SWF said:

I’ll have a compare of the Maverick v Tamika.

Cheers

Steve

The stock strada brushless works out more expensive than buying the brushed and adding better components stock wont run 4s lipo, and for me 4s was going to be only option

3 minutes ago, SWF said:

I’ll have a compare of the Maverick v Tamika.

Cheers

Steve

Tamiya all day, if you type maverick into the search bar you'll see loads of people having issues with them breaking. 

I'd always go for a rtr brushed version over a rtr brushless as generally stock brushless systems aren't great.

39 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

@Alex97 you are right about the mavericks being a bit weak, but for me all the stock electrics will be replaced, and i dont plan on smashing it into anything (but may happen lol), TBH i am only using chassis diffs and shell and axles from the donor car, time will tell

But aren't they the weak bits? 

Surely a tt02 would be better

1 minute ago, Alex97 said:

But aren't they the weak bits? 

Surely a tt02 would be better

No i dont think they are the main weak area`s, a mate has the brushless strada RX and smashes the living daylights out of it off road and it seems to come back for more abuse, also i think you would struggle to get a large esc and 4s set up in a TT02, i did have one for a while and it did not impress me much, any way i have paid for this stuff so we will find out

1 hour ago, Guns said:

Does £200 require charger/radio/batteries etc?

Struggling to see how youddo a TT-02 Brushless for that?

TT01e is £100. If you can't do it with that, you won't do it with any other RC. 

In regards to the Strada: i thought we be talking scale vehicle - there's nothing really scale on a Strada. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

In regards to the Strada: i thought we be talking scale vehicle - there's nothing really scale on a Strada. 

Okay missed the scale bit, I'm out of this thread, have fun

52 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

I thought strada tc have same dimensions as tt01

3 minutes ago, DougE said:

I thought strada tc have same dimensions as tt01

I actually might've misunderstood something in the original post. 

57 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Okay missed the scale bit, I'm out of this thread, have fun

No, might've been me misunderstanding it.

Hi

The £200 is for a running rc, batteries and radio included. Battery charger is a given.

What is the opinion of tt02b? It has oil shocks included, just needs bearings and motor upgrade?

One of the guys has just announced he has a Maverick Strada Flux MT on the way, and is taking penalty points for the cost of his battery.

Not sure a MT is best for a race on concrete?

Thanks for the information thus far!

Cheers

Steve

Hi

The Strada RX would be a possibility?

Which ESC/Motor is£47, if I can ask!

Also looking into Tamiya FF03 as an option but might need lots of option parts to be quick.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, SWF said:

Hi

The Strada RX would be a possibility?

Which ESC/Motor is£47, if I can ask!

Also looking into Tamiya FF03 as an option but might need lots of option parts to be quick.

Cheers

Just surpass hobby 120amp esc and 3660 3300kv motor from banggood

I already have a used TT02 Type S with dodgy electronics. But new they are £139 from Modelsport and the brushless combo is a intermittently working Absima Thrust A10 v2 speed controller and 3421kv motor in it (new £70). So I'm going to end up over the budget... Sorry guys. 

Awaiting my SpeedFlea to see how fast it's going on 2s and 3s once I find a decent space. 

• Like 1

On 03/02/2021 at 19:41, Derka said:

I already have a used TT02 Type S with dodgy electronics. But new they are £139 from Modelsport and the brushless combo is a intermittently working Absima Thrust A10 v2 speed controller and 3421kv motor in it (new £70). So I'm going to end up over the budget... Sorry guys. 

Awaiting my SpeedFlea to see how fast it's going on 2s and 3s once I find a decent space. 

Got my speed flea and it seems to work well i hooked it up to a small lipo and put it in my full size car to test, i have a honda that has a pretty accurate speedo and it compares well

The guys at work are going along the lines of what the cost was to you.

I’m thinking that if I could find something second hand, a Tamiya Honda Civic FF03 is my favourite at the moment as I have a real Type-R, then there would be more money to make it as quick as a brushless Strada MT.

Pie in the sky that though!

Realistic, the Strada and Bangood motor option is looking most likely. Just need the DB10 gone to free up funds.

Cheers

• Like 1