• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cheapish GPS.

Oh How Original

23 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

I assume you take it for a run, then check all your data and whatnot afterwards, high speed etc...?

For that one I think you connect your phone to it and it send the data to that. 

There's been some people questioning these as there's been some errors with people's speed but overall they seem to be ok. 

4 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

For that one I think you connect your phone to it and it send the data to that. 

There's been some people questioning these as there's been some errors with people's speed but overall they seem to be ok. 

I think I'd rather an all in one unit to be honest, I used to have a Garmin Forerunner, but lost it quite a long while ago.

The 020 GNSS records and transmits live - but of course range via bluetooth is limited, so you record and then read out via phone. There's a few pretty trick things that you can do that way (it records 0-62 etc as well). 

I personally like it, and it's fair priced imho. And you can mount it inside the RC, rather than somewhere on top, because you don't need to take the shell off to read it out (doesn't ruin the looks of me Felony  :D). I'm not rushing for world records either, so if it's off by one mile per hour sometimes, i don't care. 

Edited by m4inbrain

Modelsport UK have the Sky RC GNSS in stock and although it's £16 more at least if it goes wrong sending it back for warranty won't be a PITA plus the wait time for delivery will be short: https://www.modelsport.co.uk/skyrc-gnss-performance-analyzer/rc-car-products/445867

Another option for you from Sky RC. All in one and in stock in the UK too: https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=441960&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6byVj9O07gIVwoBQBh1HqQL8EAQYASABEgKYKvD_BwE

👍

On 24/01/2021 at 13:18, GMballistic said:

Modelsport UK have the Sky RC GNSS in stock and although it's £16 more at least if it goes wrong sending it back for warranty won't be a PITA plus the wait time for delivery will be short: https://www.modelsport.co.uk/skyrc-gnss-performance-analyzer/rc-car-products/445867

Another option for you from Sky RC. All in one and in stock in the UK too: https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=441960&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6byVj9O07gIVwoBQBh1HqQL8EAQYASABEgKYKvD_BwE

👍

That second one might be just the ticket, bit more than I wanted to spend originally, but I am used to spending £25 on a second hand Garmin :lol: thanks very much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

I have the Speed flea V1 coming, i guess i will need it if i am to be able to do this high speed lark, i like the really small size so i can also use it in the planes

I ended up cancelling mine, please post how you get in with it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

i will test it on the brushed car before the decent brushless goes in, only right to see what it does pre modifications 

Be good to see it Vs a car speedometer. I know they aren't 100% however on the newer ones they are much better. 

2 minutes ago, Derka said:

These do look easier to mount than the Garmin GPS Forerunner devices. I think you're right @Jack Reacher, I did see them listed on their website, but now only stickers and replacement cable. Remind me the price again?

I have a Tamiya TT02, thinking of joining you in a speed run championship on MSUK 👍

A sub £200 championship would be a good event, maybe talk with the forum staff and some people at Rossa to see if they'd back it? 

• Like 2