• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Corally Kronos XP 6s

8 hours ago, willb said:

Just ordered, arriving tomorrow :good:

Don’t forget to oil the diffs and sign up for the v2 parts 👍 

Also It’s worth noting that Corally went a bit crazy with the threadlock, so make sure you heat up anything with it you want to take apart 👌 

• 3 weeks later...

Question on the V2 parts. I’ve decided to leave the stock arms on, may as well get some use from them. When fitting the new wing mount, do you need new longer screws to mount to the shock tower? The stock screws are now too short unless I fitted it wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am thinking of buying one of these used. Is there a way to get v2 update pack or only if you are original owner with receipt from where you bought it etc ? 

2 hours ago, sunny said:

I am thinking of buying one of these used. Is there a way to get v2 update pack or only if you are original owner with receipt from where you bought it etc ? 

Hold off for a few days/weeks. 

They just announced the "successor" (or actual V2) to the Typhon Python two days ago, so the Kronos etc will follow suit in the coming days i'd heavily assume. In regards to the update pack, that only works for the original owner i'd assume, they want name and receipt. Unless the truck was bought in a brick and mortar shop without your name on the receipt, i don't think that'd work.

edit: woops, didn't see that you were looking for used. In that case, no i don't think you can legitimately get the update pack, that's intended for "first owners" i'd argue.

Edited by m4inbrain

i think earlier in this topic they honoured a 2nd owner with the v2 parts 

Yes I bought one used from modelsport and they accepted me for the v2 pack, however I did have the modelsport receipt, albeit saying used.

I expect if you get the original receipt from the vendor they would accept that, but there is a risk they turn it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a trx6 a while back used it 3 times and then saw one of these for sale/swap.. Soooo I now have a kronos!  😃

It's got the V2 kit unopened with it a few other spares like rear driveshaft, a couple of V1 wing mounts, the alloy wheelie bar, the alloy centre diff, a set of belted SRC terrain crusher road tyres and what looks like a baja 5b RPM bumper fitted to the the front. Not a bad deal in my eyes..

So my plans are to overhaul the diffs to make sure the oils are right. I was going to do 100/400/50. 

Also I was hoping to pick the brains of some of you guys as to what shock oil weight your running?

All in all though, I've not been into anything too quick for a good while and its safe to say this beast has impressed me!

On 22/09/2020 at 18:58, m4inbrain said:

What he said.

Did take it apart a bit, and i have a pretty good idea as to why the Dementor bent, and the Kronos doesn't. 

For now i would suggest not buying a Dementor, i'll look a bit "deeper" into that but i'm pretty certain there's a huge design flaw in the way they mount the wheelie bar (something that the Kronos doesn't have) to the bottom plate. To be fair, i ran the flimsy braces rather than the upgraded braces that they did give me with the truck - i'm not sure it'd have prevented that, but it certainly would've helped. I'm gonna fix it, it's an RC and it will break regardless of what i do with it so i'm not too bothered - but i will get rid of that wheelie bar and figure out a different solution. I will also give Corally a shout of course, because 100% the reason the truck bent is the wheelie bar, which is evident by the fact that the wheelie bar basically bent the shaft between the wheels on the second wheelie already. The only give in that wheelie bar is through the chassis plate flexing. 

Oh, and i will run chassis braces now, lol.

There's no reason to get defensive btw. 

Agreed don’t buy the v1 dementor as theres a new  One coming out after Christmas same as the Kronos 😂😂.  Infact the whole Corally bashing range has just been updated due to hit shelves between now and the new year at different times across the globe 👍

• Haha 1

Has anyone else with a Kronos having problems with the front upper hinge pins pulling out?

My issue is the screws connecting the steering deck keep stripping out the gearbox case, ruining it and allowing the flex letting the hinge pins out.

I'm just about to install my 4th gearbox case.

Everything else about this truck has been great, even the v1 wing mount is OK with the addition of a couple of HD cable ties.

I have most of the upgrades available including alloy lower front brace and upper hinge pin holder but they do nothing to address this.

I can't see a fix without a redesign of the gearbox  case to top plate pickup.

Don't want to give up with this car but my bashing to wrenching ratio is low!

• 1 month later...

well  i joined the club earlier, yet to run it yet as all my batteries are on deans so im waiting on adapters, whacked in a spectrum rx for my dx5c and thread locked the wheel nuts :)

seems very awesome quality so far and i registered the receipt with corally as well, just waiting to hear back about upgrades  :)

ilkE4Lf.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This arrived today woohoo :ballons:

hppMMUv.jpg

L5YYroX.jpg

qyvYOs5.jpg

The battery tray on this has a removable part to it so i took it out so my 4s 6000 mah battery could fit and used some stiff foam to put in when using my normal 2s batteries also changed the rx to be able to use it on my Spekky rugged :)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

got a bit fed up with all the crap that gets stuck to the rear arms when running it i fitted a couple of mudguards (tool box dividers) usin the 2 screw holes on front of rear arms still to test it but should stop some of the crap adhering to it lol :good:

tlzWu08.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hi

I have treated myself to a Kronos XTR. Fitted a Max 8 and 2200 combo with the supplied 13t pinion, 35kg servo and Dumborc radio gear (gyro disabled).

First run out today, on 4s, and can’t see why it would need 6s in the spaces that we have around here. Great acceleration and pace.

This was very easy to drive, great handling, most impressed!

We did have a couple of  crashes though, but the only casualty was the wing, that got cracked up while taking a chunk out of the ground. The plastic that the wing is made of does feel hard and brittle compared to others I have felt though. No complaint, it was a big crash.

I do have a couple of question, it looks like the front driveshaft’s rub on the base of the shock/spring, have any of you seen the same?

The front suspension sagged during the first 10 minutes of the  run, it was all level during the build, and is now adjusted back to level. I have the rear pre-tension on 8mm and the front now at 12mm, it was at 4mm when I checked once we got home. Does this sound about right?

Last, on full throttle, the front tyres ballooned somewhat. I checked the diff’s during the build and filled them with the suggested 20k, 100k, 10k (f,c,r). Do you think that going to 200k or 300k  would reduce the ballooning? I don’t want to upset the great handling balance though, or just start to wheelie everywhere either.

Any help much appreciated!

theres very little clearance on the front springs and drive shafts on my Kronos and Shogun 

as for the sag it could be the springs bedding in and losing their newness my 2 trucks were same but it settles after a while :good: