• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Corally Kronos XP 6s

47 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Make sure you checkout the Shogun, it’s this with Truggy sized wheels, at their current price they are real bargain  👍 

I was actually very interested in that but I've already bought a second hand hyper sste from @shdaxner 😅

• Like 1

Pulled out the radio tray to change over the RX to a Futaba and thought I would check out the servo at the same time 

37923-CFC-F6-A8-4-CD5-B757-2-DEB7-C810-C

The servo looks pretty decent for a RTR, 20kg and has a alloy horn 👍 

6-E6-D85-B6-AAAE-4-B0-B-8-A2-D-5-EBCC87-

Servosaver detail 

E4321-CCB-D2-AB-46-E5-8628-F952-A3-C4090

• Like 2

I really like the look of that, seems like it will be a tough little devil.  I have an old (90's?) Team Corally 14x2 motor lurking at the back of my parts cupboard - are they essentially the same company now, or are they owned by somebody else entirely, just retaining the name?

• Like 1

Just now, bertberr said:

I really like the look of that, seems like it will be a tough little devil.  I have an old (90's?) Team Corally 14x2 motor lurking at the back of my parts cupboard - are they essentially the same company now, or are they owned by somebody else entirely, just retaining the name?

It’s still same company, here’s their website 

https://corally.com

They still make a lot of very high end stuff, just like they always have 👌 

• Like 3

My biggest gripe with all cars on the flat ally plate design is the narrowing at the rear. However, with twin bracing, that looks like it might take a fair amount of abuse. Are they plastic? Ally options available?

Just now, Tug said:

My biggest gripe with all cars on the flat ally plate design is the narrowing at the rear. However, with twin bracing, that looks like it might take a fair amount of abuse. Are they plastic? Ally options available?

Yes, the front and centre rear are available in alloy, the outer rears and front tower brace you can add carbon reinforcing plates to them. There are also carbon plates available for the arms 👍 

Corally have identified a few weaknesses that they are addressing at the mo and will be issuing a upgrade kit in due course, it’s nothing crazy though, there will be thicker arms, some people are bending cvds due to excess flexing, thicker steering turnbuckles, a beefed up wing/wheelie bar mount (Kronos doesn’t have this as stock) and a beefed up Ackerman plate for the steering, ohh and a revised servo. They have said if you break any of these parts they will issue them as warranty replacement parts straightaway if available 👍 

• Like 1