• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Corally Kronos XP 6s

Thanks for the replies. Ill probably take it more local anyway as the track is miles away and not worth wrecking it for, but even at the closer track it can get 4-6 feet off the floor on grass which I would expect it to be a bit more durable on, especially when the upgrades get sent out.

Decisions, decisions.

I do like the fact corally listen to the customers though and fix the issues, even if it does take them ages

I put a ticket in their support site about 3 minutes ago and got this response...

Luke (Team Corally)

Sep 23, 2021, 14:47 GMT+2

Hey,

New steering blocks are already made, and we're waiting for the shipment. I cannot give you any estimate date, because worldwide situation and delayed shipping everywhere.

There will be a special program for steering blocks, where you will be able to register with proof of purchase and get a coupon for Corally.com to get free parts.

Regards

Luke
Team Corally Service Department

free upgrades! 🙂

Edited by Darren Frosty
  • Like 1

what diff and shock weights would you recommend? someone on the FB group said 90wt for the shocks but no suggestions for diffs. I saw a youtuber with 1million wt in the centre but sounds a bit much?! I saw in the manual it says 7.5k front 5k centre and 3k rear which i already have left over from my VS.
 I can't find corally hard springs in stock anywhere so was suggested to get kraton ones in the mean time https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/303551/  https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/303552/ they seem the right sizes

Edited by Scottyb

I put 1 million in my centre on my Radix and it improved it no end! Way less front tyre ballooning and it's made it a wheelie monster. I'm stock front and rear but am considering going a bit thicker on those too.

Are you on Facebook? There's a group called Team Corally Bashers that's very helpful and the owner of Corally even contributes.

Everything bought and paid for, roll on next week 😆
After watching even more videos about it i think i'll be fine at the place i'm taking it until the fix gets rolled out, i think 4/5 foot jumps should be manageable without breaking anything providing i can land it properly haha.

• Like 3

On 23/09/2021 at 22:07, Scottyb said:

Everything bought and paid for, roll on next week 😆
After watching even more videos about it i think i'll be fine at the place i'm taking it until the fix gets rolled out, i think 4/5 foot jumps should be manageable without breaking anything providing i can land it properly haha.

hope you love it as much as i love my mostly v1 one, i reckon you got a cracking deal and i have never had a pillow ball pop out so far but ill be taking corally up on the free parts offer, yay more spares which will be needed the way i drive the thing on its roof 🙂

edit: i am thinking of trying shogun type wheels and tyres on mine when i knacker the stock ones, dads shogun is same chassis but a lot more controlled like an st, but unsure as the kronos is mental fun the way it is 😄

drunk edit2: make sure the servo saver is not too tight i went through 2 servos pretty quickly on mine with cartwheels, turns out my servo saver was way to tight, corally sent me a another stock servo  no hassle though and i really loosened it for that vid you seen with my current servo (a ancient savox 25kg or 20) and its holding up 🙂

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 1

Got it today, just waiting for my oils before i can take it out. Lovely bit of kit but I don't know how it got through quality control but i've just gone to take the spur off the centre diff and one of the screws is completely round and i can't get it out without cutting into the spur gear which i'm not prepared to do on a brand new car. The other 3 came out easily. Have e-mailed corally. 🤬

• Sad 1

Someone on the FB group said i should check and re-loctite some of the screws but didn't elaborate. Any suggestions what i should check? Have nipped all the ones underneath up and you can see all the loctite on the braces and stuff already so i'll leave them alone.
Of course it's forecast rain for the next 2 weeks lol

Hi

I gave my a check over before I ran it and only had to fill the diff’s as they lacked oil. At the time, some were reporting that the grub screws on the front and rear diff outdrives had no thread lock, mine were OK though. Everything else was good.

The front springs sagged after all of the first few runs, but we’re replaced under warranty without question. The hard springs supplied for front and rear, have been perfect. I keep thinking that I might try running hard front medium rear springs, but never seem to get around to it.

At the same time as the springs, Corally sent me a replacement rear wing as the early cars had a bad batch, a pair of steering knuckles and 3 pots of diff oil.

Customer service is good IMHO.

The front tyres balloon, a lot, with 100k in the centre diff, I only have 300k and 1 million on the shelf, one of which will get a try one day. My advice is go thicker than standard straight away, I’m certain it will be an improvement.

Known issues apart, the Kronos is great.

Enjoy

Steve

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I'll do the grub screws when i do the diff oil (if it ever bloody turns up), I went with advice off the FB with the oils, I've got 500k for centre, 50k for front and 30k for rear so i'll see how i get on with that. Got Arrma hard springs coming aswell as i couldn't find the corally ones in stock anywhere. Knackered diff screw aside, it does look like it's been put together quite well!

• Like 2

It's always a bit worrying when you strip the whole car down to do the diff oils, put it all back together, then find a screw on your seat when you get up. Hope it's for nothing important 😂 Checked the car over 5 times and can't for the life of me figure out where it would have come from (M3x10 button head) 🤷‍♂️

All ready to rip tomorrow, fingers crossed for no rain 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Scottyb
  • Like 3