• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX KANYON 1:10 XL 4WD RTR TRAIL VEHICLE

capri-boy

Upsize your trail experience with the Kanyon from FTX. This XL sized 1:10 scale vehicle is perfect for tackling any adventure you throw at it over varied terrain. Multi-link suspension featuring adjustable oil filled shock absorbers, provide excellent articulation to help you manage the rough stuff.

The high torque 60T brushed motor drives a rugged, all metal output pinion, crown and transmission gears for extra reliability. Front universal CVA driveshafts and centre telescopic sliding shafts keep the power connected to all wheels through high clearance front and rear locked axles.

The Kanyon’s off road inspired semi-scale bodyshell features a number of additional moulded accessories such as wheel arches, luggage tray, roll cage, front grill and head, tail and spotlights. To wrap things up 13 factory installed LED lamps provide the necessary illumination for you to keep your rig on the trail long after the sun goes down.

Aluminium front and rear bumper and body mounts provide a wide selection of optional positioning for possible aftermarket options.

Supersoft aggressive lug pattern tyres are mounted to scale style wheels for a realistic finish.

With a blend of semi-scale looks, reliable chassis platform and over 10% bigger size than most trail crawlers, the FTX Kanyon is the perfect choice for first time modeller’s simply after some outdoor fun!

Specification:
• Length: 560mm
• Width: 305 mm
• Height: 287mm
• Wheelbase: 340mm

FTX5563 - £179.99 RRP Available August 31st

Image may contain: outdoor

Image may contain: outdoor

No automatic alt text available.

View full news article

• Haha 1

I was quite pleased when I caught wind of this a while back, thinking perhaps it might be an alternative to the coyote, thus helping keep the market fresh and not let carisma rest on their laurels.  Hopefully Carisma won't, because I don't think this will offer much of a challenge.  I hope to be proved wrong though.

Another quality Rc from ftx.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Looks stupid, light buckets for rear look like a afterthought,  the roof rack looks like a tea tray, shackles are far too big!

cant wait to see all the ftx boys now saying this is competition for the trx4.....

oh, one small thing to mention, the chassis is of tvp descent and not full length so technically not comp legal either, would be classed as a crawler.

i suppose the only thing it will crawl with massive success, is making my skin crawl :whistling:  :rofl:

Coyote for me everytime at this price point, even a scx10 og would be loads more preferable.....

• Haha 1

Think they've missed the boat, with the amount of mods us ftx owners have done their R&D has been done, all they needed to do was widen the chassis by 5mm and increase the wheelbase of the Outback and they'd have cracked it, instead the release a modified copy of a scout.

I keep zooming in on the chassis picture and thinking wtf! That isn't great is it.
Rear lights definitely an afterthought.
£180 is overpriced and that cash can go towards much much better.
Trailing arms repurposed for the front, seriously, what!!!? Am I missing something here!?
Maybe a fresh look in the morning will help?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, DartmoorTrails said:
I keep zooming in on the chassis picture and thinking wtf! That isn't great is it.
Rear lights definitely an afterthought.
£180 is overpriced and that cash can go towards much much better.
Trailing arms repurposed for the front, seriously, what!!!? Am I missing something here!?
Maybe a fresh look in the morning will help?

4 hours ago, PraetoR said:

Screw all of you, I like it!

A bit.

Not enough to buy one... but, still, it's... there. And it... uhhh... moves... :er:

So... yeah! Take that!

I'm with you ? 

• Haha 1

I like the stance, and but that front bumper look like it is reliant on the body posts to keep it there.  Looks like they came up with the body and then mucked around with a bag of bits until something fit under it.

I also like that scale crawling is getting so many new products, even if what I really want is a new shafty comp crawler (which I have no where to run).

Yikes, this one didn't go down well.....

I have to say not that I'm well versed with the crawler market, the amount of plastic and the axles reminds me of the HG / Amewi range of rc crawler..... Which can never be a good thing.

Ftx M.O seems to be to bring out a model, then barely any upgrades from themselves despite their models needing them to run reliably....

I suppose upgrades Need R+D ....whereas Its far easier to simply release a model made of off the shelf parts, rinse sales, then repeat.....

You can summise that they're chasing the paper with this one, trying to coin in on the scale/crawler popularity boom....as they've not released a new basher recently?

Edited by Fly In My Soup

53 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

Ok, i've left it long enough I thought someone else would notice - question is though was it deliberate...

Logo

giphy.gif

I've only just noticed that ? 

That is the battery tray on the roof yes???

And have they fired the bloke who thought up the front bumper ... which you had better not bump at all....

Shame. Could have been a contender. Just not for me. Ever

And they spelt Canyon wrong

Edited by Nitroholic

I like it at a glance but soon start thinking thats odd. My first thought was a basher like ecx ruckus but cool looking. Then realised its a crawler converted to scaler truck lol. Skinny as heck for stuff that matters and extra wide everything else lol. Ide still take a body from one. 

• 3 months later...
On 13/07/2018 at 19:49, TWINSET said:

That large metal plate supported at one end should snap off its mounting points dead easy ?

37015859_1581573951975640_85652411199132

They cannot be serious. Do CML not test these cars or at least look at them before selling them on in the UK?