• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

22 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

It seems fun was had :rofl:

but pity about the breakages and noises tho  😞

If I am not breaking it I am not pushing it. 😛

The noises have been there to extent since I rebuilt it, but it just seemed noisier today. Especially when compared to other peoples trucks and buggies (But none of these are ic conversions)

Ian...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Fuzzock said:

If I am not breaking it I am not pushing it. 😛

The noises have been there to extent since I rebuilt it, but it just seemed noisier today. Especially when compared to other peoples trucks and buggies (But none of these are ic conversions)

Ian...

hopefully just some bearings rather than the gears 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

hopefully just some bearings rather than the gears 🙂

It had all new bearings recently, but it has seen a lot of water recently too...... 

Will know once I rip it apart!! 😈

Ian...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Hellhorn is the titanium rodding expensive as a bare metal?

Its around £10 per 300 mm long rod. So can get 2 links per rod out of it. Depending on your build 

• Thanks 1

The cost for the items to make parts is massively cheaper then the parts.  Its the time and effort that goes in to making them that costs more. 

Like my lathe. Its my dad's old one.  Was probably a good couple of grand when new.  Plus the tap sets and parts. To recover my costs I'd have to make  100 sets just to cover the lathe. If I add £10 per set.   Another £10 for my time. The money for the titanium to start with. Its easy a £50 cost to make them.then I have to make some more money to be able to make any more. . Its easy to see why parts are cost so much more. 

• Like 1