• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

1 hour ago, Brian-2.0 said:

This takes me back to me yooff 😆

Me too, I had a Thundershot which, if I recall correctly, took me about 8-months to save up enough money before I could buy it.

• Like 2

Ran yet another tank through the Savage but I'm getting more and more convinced that this engine or tank has an airleak. I'll try some different fuel once I've used what I have if that doesn't work I'll just have to run it until this one dies and get the LRP one of been looking at.

Also tried adjusting the 2 speed but I really need to find a better place to sort that as I may have upset the neighbors 🤣

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, supersavage said:

Ran yet another tank through the Savage but I'm getting more and more convinced that this engine or tank has an airleak. I'll try some different fuel once I've used what I have if that doesn't work I'll just have to run it until this one dies and get the LRP one of been looking at.

Also tried adjusting the 2 speed but I really need to find a better place to sort that as I may have upset the neighbors 🤣

I’ve seen a few peeps on YouTube having problems with the 2 speed on the new version , I can’t remember exactly but think something was left out or not fitted properly at the factory? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tomr said:

I’ve seen a few peeps on YouTube having problems with the 2 speed on the new version , I can’t remember exactly but think something was left out or not fitted properly at the factory? 

The only thing I've heard is they can be stuck in second gear. Everything looked ok through the little access port though the grub screws did look a little "rusty" in there but with how tight the adjustment screw was I think it's just a lot of thread lock. 

Might be worth taking the gearbox out and having a look at some point.

Edited by supersavage
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Fitted the obligatory Alloy beadlocks to the Carisma scale Coyote, i already had these so used the stock AT tyres as planned

fully stripped the rear axle and lots of black Moly grease applied to keep water out/parts from rusting 

also removed the 19T pinion from the carisma scale F-150 and fitted a 15T, dont need wheel speed on this no more low down crawling better, all meshed up sweet

coyote wheels.JPG

I always notice the cat label thingy on the board then look out for a cat, but never seen a cat in your pics. RC car is looking sweet, but you know that 😉