• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

51 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

And you wonder why the cat chews your cars? 😆

The buggy’s look awesome, hopefully get to see this losi at some point in the not too distant future for a blast!

Definitely mate, if you thought the 2.0EU was nice, the 4.0 is in another league, so much so the Mrs constantly hogs it now. 

We just took them both for runs, even on 6S the Mrs kept using the Losi! I guess that settles it, we need another 4.0 🥰

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

nice 1 mate :good:

so liking it better now ?

Definitely I'm somewhat sad that it's going, but then I'm not as it's going to a really good friend of mine whose been out the hobby for 20 years so it's a great way to re-enter the hobby. Passing it on exactly as is, as a RTR that's fully rebuilt. 

@Yrkoon sorry dude this is why I've not packed anything up today, oh and due to day job and taking care of the little one!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bert_w164 said:

20T pinion attached to 8-4.0

IMG_20211001_151941.thumb.jpg.cc7eb6824094c989d707de3b807b9de7.jpg

An abusive run, i.e. full throttle and brake (with it set to 100%) constant up and down the road with full throttle and brakes...on 6S.

IMG_20211001_161012.thumb.jpg.04d7fe88b31bbff2392d4ebb4c381612.jpg

IMG_20211001_161015.thumb.jpg.6a204334566b364c7859238d5e31c3e7.jpg

I'm 

Wait, you can plug your Max 8 into the LCD programmer to see the tempreture??

Not so much what did you do to your model today, more like what didn’t you do

I didn’t charge any batteries up today because of a leak in the shed roof, with the water managing to find it’s way into the battery charger, you can see the screens currently with condensation on them, luckily the switch wasn’t turned on and it didn’t go with a bang, currently gently drying it out, will give it a couple of days before I try turning it on.

Also need a couple of dry days, so the shed roof drys out a bit so I can re-felt it, currently raining but no water can be seen coming in.

BBECFB30-5297-4DA7-A8D4-CBE23A8389C2.jpeg

• Sad 5

6 minutes ago, billyb_imp said:

I didn’t charge any batteries up today because of a leak in the shed roof, with the water managing to find it’s way into the battery charger, you can see the screens currently with condensation on them, luckily the switch wasn’t turned on and it didn’t go with a bang, currently gently drying it out, will give it a couple of days before I try turning it on.

Also need a couple of dry days, so the shed roof drys out a bit so I can re-felt it, currently raining but no water can be seen coming in.

If you haven’t already considered an EPDM kit, it’s a good option. Quite easy to DIY and will last a lot longer than any felt. Worth going the extra mile to protect your kit! An example below:

https://www.rubber4roofs.co.uk/shop/epdm-shed-rubber-roof-kits

• Like 2

Attempting to re-glue my tyres to the rims. Came unstuck on first run and only just got round to doing something about it. I’ve never had much joy when attempting this, but I’m hopeful this will tie me over for now. Will go easier on the throttle next run!

image.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ant.p said:

If you haven’t already considered an EPDM kit, it’s a good option. Quite easy to DIY and will last a lot longer than any felt. Worth going the extra mile to protect your kit! An example below:

https://www.rubber4roofs.co.uk/shop/epdm-shed-rubber-roof-kits

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely consider it, like you say, gear in there that needed to be secure and dry

• Like 1

Didn fix anything but realized my power switch is broke on the nitro, and when I took the carnage out I didn realise I broke yet another body post and the rear aluminium hub, and bent a aluminium arm🤦 must really learn to go easy with it as it's turnin into a money pit 😜😂😜

• Like 1

4 hours ago, billyb_imp said:

Try to use SILICA GEL to dry this humidity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redback said:

How to get a 8kg truck... Bet it really kills the performance when side hilling and climbing. Id move one battery to the front if you can.

Not 8kg and these are very front heavy watch a few YT video`s showing them rolling on down hill runs, they need some weight out back, but as said i can run it in stock (front heavy) set or twin or just rear