• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

For the first time in months the weather was nice so I took the ruster 4x4 to the beach, with the second battery the car starting to make a weird noise and when it was almost empty  I lost drive.

So I took the car apart when I came home and found out that the spur gear was stripped and the pinion looks like a sawblade, I know for sure that the slipper was set correct and not to tight, it never did wheelies and when taking off I always hear the slipper clutch slip before the car started to drive.

I don't know what went wrong, I think it was a bad quality pinion gear, the gear mesh was set right also, this is the first spur gear I stripped being 6 years in this hobby.

So now it is time to upgrade, I am going to order the alloy center diff with a metal spur gear and put a good quality pinion on it

50907746463_e06f697ba0_k.jpg

50908573322_be45e19833_k.jpg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Twotone said:

Painted the mini t shell 

73B94E27-5E89-4D7F-A056-AC48901B5973.jpeg

F9DF29B5-C996-4B66-AEC7-C9302EDDBAC0.jpeg

Nice what colour is that as I just bought  tamiya purpel for my carnage body.  As I got a new shell (came with  the car ) .I'm glad I had a look up  on how to paint these   

I know your going to think what a Wally   I didnt know you painted the inside the shell  . Till I watched a UTube vid   so the paint arrives Monday.  ..    

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Iain .R said:

Nice what colour is that as I just bought  tamiya purpel for my carnage body.  As I got a new shell (came with  the car ) .I'm glad I had a look up  on how to paint these   

I know your going to think what a Wally   I didnt know you painted the inside the shell  . Till I watched a UTube vid   so the paint arrives Monday.  ..    

cheers man, it’s tamiya ps-10 backed with black

Accu delivered my new bolts today, so I have been able to fit my homemade bash bar to the Dementor.

bashbar-fitted.jpg

• Like 3

Me and my 2 girls went to our new RC Bash spot.  And it was a bit muddy so mmmm do we drive the carnage and the  outlaw  in this  ..

HELL YEA    2 hrs later and 5 dead batteys   later 

The outlaw was not too bad as there was a large puddle in the middle of the 2an car park so I just bashed thro there   still the photo was after the wash  lol 

The carnage   the water was a bit too deep as it went up the side of the outlaw   so way to deep for the carnage . (Brushed )   

And the outside is clean compared to the crap under the body .it taken me 30 mins with a spray bottle and paint brush to get the crap off the carnage   and then about 10 mins for the outlaw .  

Half tin of GT85  later both cars wiped and sprayed 

Now hanging up ide down to let the last water/gt85 drip of before I wipe over with kitchen roll . 

Now charging up the batterys . 

It was fun till dog walkers turned up and a stinking dirty dog (brown labrador  looking type  but I think there gun dogs )  jumped up on me 2 twice  covering me in mud    the owner just said sorry walked on past never even looked at me ..   

20210205_151622.jpg

20210205_152526.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, James RC said:

@Iain .R Looks like you had a good time mate! :good:  

And trust me, dog walkers will become the bane of your life if you're out bashing a lot 😜

I just hope they keep there dogs from jumping up on my or my kids .   

As my son is scared ****less of dogs   he hates them near him.  (He was attacked by a dog when he was 5 or 6  in school playground   his jacket saved his arm from being bitten  but now he hates then near him  ) if they walk past him hes ok but soon as they come to him   that it   panic .. 

We stopped using the cars soon as we seen a walker or dog  yet they cant pass the same cutesy back holding or putting them on the lead.  As we as on the edge of the carpark    so they should be on the lead by then as they going to there cars .   Oooh yea we had fun  lol