• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

21 minutes ago, ChrisT said:

Took a TA-01 & TA-02...

DSCF5201.jpg

Added some new parts including an FRP chassis set...

DSCF5208.jpg

And built a minter TA-02.

DSCF5236.jpg

DSCF5245.jpg

DSCF5257.jpg

DSCF5260.jpg

Nice, your red shocks look same as ones i fitted to my TT02, good value but i found the supplied springs a bit firm, so gutted the Tam friction shocks and put the Tam springs on the oil shocks

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Nice, your red shocks look same as ones i fitted to my TT02, good value but i found the supplied springs a bit firm, so gutted the Tam friction shocks and put the Tam springs on the oil shocks

That is the usual when buying aftermarket alloy dampers, swap the springs over. Those red ones are Carson, the springs are pretty soft.

@everclear1984 messy job but gonna be so worth the effort,nice one man 

Not done a lot but added a Low voltage alarm to the carnage to better manage the lipo, and tidied the wires a little, yes i know the balance plug wont reach the LVA but i have a balance extension wire ordered as i need one for my charger 

tidy carnage with LVA.jpg

• Like 2

Fitted the new out drives and rebuilt no the diffs, fitted new motor mount and finally got the EMB1 up and running again.

9F302C54-D52D-4430-910B-24464CD4405A.jpeg

1966A8E8-1799-43AE-A754-65B4768B059C.jpeg

64AD31FE-49D1-447D-BEF5-F0402FDDBCA9.jpeg

F3B55B8E-700D-4C47-805D-006C8AA3F9CC.jpeg

6C1AA5A8-735A-4ED1-A981-8BBCCD706BC2.jpeg

A4F73FD7-6467-4A78-8E1B-E44FF26E15DB.jpeg

94BF29A4-7475-4FE5-B29C-78D1E9A3F9F4.jpeg

7A7B8811-2CB2-408D-AD18-E21DA0CE3546.jpeg

FD30815E-731E-4580-BBE1-C9DBF8343397.jpeg

Edited by Ag100
  • Like 3

On 02/11/2020 at 13:40, everclear1984 said:

Much gooing. A job I truly despise! 

IMG_20201102_123110

Any advice for doing this messy job?

Which tape are you using?

Thanks.👍

16 minutes ago, Tabbie said:

Any advice for doing this messy job?

Which tape are you using?

Thanks.👍

I threw away the packaging so not sure on the brand of tape, I use whatever is available at the local Homebase though. My biggest tip would be to work in a well ventilated space, this stuff absolutely stinks! I also used a dab of hot glue here and there (idea stolen from Kev Talbot) to secure the tape prior to gooing. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

I threw away the packaging so not sure on the brand of tape, I use whatever is available at the local Homebase though. My biggest tip would be to work in a well ventilated space, this stuff absolutely stinks! I also used a dab of hot glue here and there (idea stolen from Kev Talbot) to secure the tape prior to gooing. 

Has it got to be shoe goo or is there a different brand also recommend?

Great tip on the hot glue thanks, I shall take a look on YouTube for Kev Talbots posts referring to body strengthening. 

Edited by Tabbie
Spelling

1 hour ago, Tabbie said:

Has it got to be shoe goo or is there a different brand also recommend?

Great tip on the hot glue thanks, I shall take a look on YouTube for Kev Talbots posts referring to body strengthening. 

There are probably other flexible glues that would work, but I tend to stick with what I know. I also use shoe goo to stick down esc's, receivers, etc, that way they won't come out unless you REALLY want them to. When you do decide to remove them, it peels off without a mess (usually) 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Made a little progress on the Enduro, awaiting my spur gear, also still trying to decide on a motor, got let down by the UK seller of Holmes motors because I ordered and they've now informed me it's up to a 3 week wait.

Really want to stick with Holmes, but with 4-5 week wait time from RCmart, that also seems unlikely and the chances of finding a used but mint condition one is slim.

Bugger!

On a plus note, my new lighting is excellent on my little RC/general bench.

hFZYL90.jpg

j1RCWqF.jpg

That looks a nice cosy little setup........I’d swap the orange though for a bottle whisky 🤪

24 minutes ago, tomr said:

That looks a nice cosy little setup........I’d swap the orange though for a bottle whisky 🤪

I don't really drink to be honest, that being said when I do drink I like a nice aged single malt :D 

And yes it's not too bad, need to get it finalised a bit and less cluttered though, but just got loads of boxes out of storage since getting a bit back into RCing :P 

• Like 1