• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

18 minutes ago, bombercountynick said:

Mixed scale bashing in the woods :good:

IMG_5370.jpg

Excellent shot, have been wondering what the size comparison was, looking forward to my Helion arriving.

After a 'wasted' day at work spent a couple hours in the man cave to destress, followed by watching mini me's blatt their rc's up and down the street

Hong Nor X1 CR Pro-E rebuilt, 2650kv 6 pole motor and 150a esc fitted for some 4S goodness.  New DE racing skidplate fitted to the rear (they came as a 3 pack for the new X2 build's), some front shock protectors from the RB One R kits custom fitted and repaired an incipient split to last season's shell.  Also broke open a set of Ken Block Hpi batt straps from HPI's WR8- a little short but just fit a 4S pack so perfect for this.  She needs a clean and a new wing, as last years is looking a little tatty, then she's good to go.  Shocks re-oiled, diffs we're done when she was put away last year so left.  

Whilst I had the shoegoo out did a couple of shell repairs, rude not to.

XT60 fitted to mini me's animus clone.  Lipo tried and it's a totally different animal now.  No need for BL , even with a pack at storage she was as skitty as a cat on hot bricks.  Big smile on miniest me's face made the crappy day better, and good to see him enjoying an RC.

• Like 2

Not exactly my model but received my new wheel for my transmitter today!

44447445164e7ac8fcf5497c57d42073.jpg

Big improvement in both comfort and looks compared to the original [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gave the Carisma M48s Porsche 595 it's proper maiden run, surprisingly quick on 2s... Also gave the Yeti another spanking.

DSC_5127_zpsewnaorya.jpg

DSC_5105_zpspm1xorob.jpg

DSC_5027_zpsahvbypvu.jpg

DSC_5209_zps4xwasvmb.jpg

DSC_5220_zpsx9avujha.jpg

DSC_5101_zpsdi9qltct.jpg

DSC_5089_zpspphcixgz.jpg

DSC_5145_zpsxpxxsrhs.jpg

DSC_5069_zpscrsvnbad.jpg

DSC_5194_zpsoukfq82w.jpg

DSC_5136_zpsvrisabcf.jpg

Awesome pictures and that Carisma 595 looks the business [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

My cap-head high tensile steel M3x12 bolts arrived, so I completed the mounting of the MSR8 shocks on the E-Maxx.

I've another few bits I've ordered which I'll be fitting soon, then the 'update' is ready again.

I've filled with 40 weight this time - I think it had 35 and was riding a 'bit soft', so this should help - plenty of preload left with the blue springs - at always looked a bit 'springy and under-damped' but rode all of the bumps perfectly up to stupid speeds, so I won't firm it up too much.

Al.

Had a mixed day, firstly thought I'd finally get some mess off the bench so put some shelves up:

Shelves.jpg

Two things amaze me:

1)They're still attached to the wall after an hour.

2) Although the spirit level at no point suggested they would be straight and level, in the end they're bang on. Luck beats judgement again!

Phoenix is coming along as well:

Phoenix.jpg

• Like 2

Got the helion rebuilt with new dif oils ... Made a nice difference puts the power down really well now ! 

Swapped out the servo horn on the mini 8ight and only just realised the link is adjustable to the steering so its finally centered on the Tx and driving in a straight line :lol:. Hope I'm there with the setup as it's a wicked little buggy when its on song!!!!

Thought I'd give the old Blitz shocks the full STRC treatment, just had the caps but had all the rest sitting in a box for god knows how long.  Very impressed with the quality. Some green slime and 35wt oil, hopefully leak free even when being abused. 

photo (7) (Small).JPG

Edited by bertberr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, supersavage said:

Built my new diff yesterday :)

YEstwwo.jpg

That is a thing of beauty my friend! Also looks wallet cripplingly expensive!!!

Edited by cookie666uk
I should read my posts back before clicking 'reply'
  • Like 3

WP_20170423_11_30_28_Pro_LI_zpsx3mx5lw9.

Cars well and truly bashed this morning at the local BMX track. My son is now getting the hang of throttle control, he was flying over the jumps and going around the banked corners like a pro. Seems dad still needs practice as I had my first breakage on the ECX Amp :( Popped the drive shaft ball joint and broke the hub carrier. Ball joint fixed and new hub carriers ordered, should be up and running for next weekend :D

• Like 1

Took the D90 to a dryed up river bed near my house. Its a nice long rocky section with a few old weirs to crawl up and down. Also found a BMX I may go back and collect later...

Snapshot_2_zpscmvzhb58.png

Also made a roof rack deck out of some of the leftover scale chequer plate from the build. Sprayed it black as I thought it would be to reflective to look scale  

• Like 2