• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

No mate I didn't want to put the magnetic body posts on it I like the body posts sticking out of the bonnet.

Fair enough! I really do like that body tho! Did you do it yourself?

Took the Revo and the Slash 4x4 out. The Slash is insanely fast, but over geared, a wire came off my connector, a combination of my poor soldering and too much heat.

The E-Revo was comedy, it handles so poor with jacked up suspension and LT rockers, so Ive dropped the standard rockers on and lowered it.... Really enjoyed it and have saved a fair bit of money last few weeks cause all ive done is work so I treated it to a few parts :D

• Like 1

Went and picked up a hobbywing esc + motor + programmer package for my first foray into brushless

Hw Xerun sct pro 120a esc, with a sensored hw 2250kv motor.

It eventually go into a hobao pirate mt chasis ive just picked up, hopefully it'll do what i need.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Built the CC01. Need to cut and sort shell but just a case of waiting for battery and servo. Well pleased with it. Took many hours but was satisfying.

030d77c3b80f627303d6cedd0dbe170c.jpg

Few more pictures.

11444dbeebc5211bc0ecf57d643691aa.jpg3411dbfb8e50c09c6850ca241cd3d502.jpga2e57f39b8b8291ecb97d2b813ccc119.jpgc9c76d593323d8bfdac5a037e3b31b8c.jpg7632d4dc691210854440503ee5624973.jpg

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tested a more-correct-looking MT wheel on the X-Maxx chassis.

For me it looks just fine.

I removed the inserts as the tyre can support the much lighter weight of the 'X'.

X-MTXL%20Wheel%2020160930-1_zpsvmbghj1g.

I won't be full-on bashing so the lack of internal support shouldn't be too much of a problem - won't know until I finally run it - in a couple of months' time.

Idea is to minimise weight of the wheels in view of the relatively fragile 'X' running gear - putting 1/8 diffs in a 1/7 truck wasn't the brightest idea ever!

X-MTXL%20Wheel%2020160930-2_zpsq5g2d0md.

I might cut grooves in the inserts and replace them - might be a long-term plan.

Al.

Tell you what, with that motor, it's certainly got the power.

Pity about the 1/8 diffs, but I don't think I'll ever have problems with them.

Hooked through the XL2 that Toro Beast is a fantastic motor - so smooth at LOW power and revs, despite being un-sensored.

Al.