• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

17 hours ago, turok007 said:

how long has that been empty  lol

Probably since I bought it second hand lol just never checked them lol I only noticed it once I did some on road driving, was very bouncy 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2016 at 19:24, atom3624 said:

The old Losi Raminator, LST2 specification, then converted some time ago to 6S LiPo with 1717 motor has been sporting some bright alloy wheels for some time.

Thing is, the wheels are decent MT replica wheels, and the original Raminator wheels are red with a yellow line.

Photo indicating original wheels:

E-Ram%202013%2011%2015-08_zps4tbe7rkf.jp

Photo showing - really nice, but 'wrong look' - alloy wheels - MGT tyres (all I could find at the time but decent):

Ram%20-%2020150811-01_zpsyiq56gaa.jpg

Wheels cleaned, masked, etch primed, then painted:

20160825%20-%20Raminator%20wheels_zpsvhs

Need to allow the paint to fully dry, mask the exterior and hand paint the yellow - perhaps tomorrow, or perhaps next 'rainy day'.

Al.

Using masking and edging tape - STILL didn't work.

Tried several times, several different yellow paints.

Ended up removing the masking, tidying a fair bit, then using Humbrol yellow, some 'artist's brushes' and a moderately steady hand - all of the coffee I drink doesn't help!!

Ta Dah!!

20160904%20-%20Raminator%20Wheels%2003_z

20160904%20-%20Raminator%20Wheels%2001_z

20160904%20-%20Raminator%20Wheels%2002_z

Al.

• Like 1

Can you get a Jezza Clarkson action figure - and a Tranny body to stick over it?

Could be fun!!

Definitely one of the funniest episodes of classic TG I've ever seen - Hamster getting more wet than I ever thought it was possible in the lock incident - of many!!

Al.

Took it off the shelf.

Unpacked all the charge gear.

Got the lipo's out.

Put it all on the table.

Stood back and looked at it.

Packed it all back up.

Really can't be bothered.

There's a good 1/2 hour I won't get back.

At least I got round to putting the bullets on the spare motors that have been sat in their boxes since about June.

• Like 1

Took it off the shelf.

Unpacked all the charge gear.

Got the lipo's out.

Put it all on the table.

Stood back and looked at it.

Packed it all back up.

Really can't be bothered.

There's a good 1/2 hour I won't get back.

At least I got round to putting the bullets on the spare motors that have been sat in their boxes since about June.

Sounds like me far too often :lol: :lol:

Spare ten minutes, decided to have a quick blast with the re-shelled Holiday Buggy: one blown tyre and the slats across the rear of the shell ripped off, leaving the newly installed rear lights hanging off....

Too high punch + tarmac = grumpy Noj :ack:

Builder's were highly amused! 

Nothing to the model but been going about turning our old chicken shed that's hidden away at the bottom of the garden into a dedicated RC 'work shop' or something the like.

So far the inside has been painted (almost done) made and painted a shelf, made a rack for screwdrivers and stained it, and a support for a work bench with a table top from ikea to go on. Oh and an ikea special ceiling light, also found a rug that fits the entire shed perfectly which will go in last.

177a1261f3de6d01847a442076ef4ef9.jpg66ded56f09e2ed618617f11ae13346f9.jpg9a8808c216a64360a1ac2a21776fa329.jpg

• Like 1

Nothing to the model but been going about turning our old chicken shed that's hidden away at the bottom of the garden into a dedicated RC 'work shop' or something the like.

So far the inside has been painted (almost done) made and painted a shelf, made a rack for screwdrivers and stained it, and a support for a work bench with a table top from ikea to go on. Oh and an ikea special ceiling light, also found a rug that fits the entire shed perfectly which will go in last.

177a1261f3de6d01847a442076ef4ef9.jpg66ded56f09e2ed618617f11ae13346f9.jpg9a8808c216a64360a1ac2a21776fa329.jpg

Spent a frustrating hour with the Kyosho Half 8. 

First off the new to me esc has come without an on/off switch... forced to break out a new spare race esc from the pit box and solder it all up.

Fitted the new motor, other than using the option spacings on the chassis, went straightforward.

Finally fitted the new servo.  Well tried to, none of the inc horns we're any good, as the stock horn was oversized for the micro servo fitted so as to accommodate an m3 ball end.  Fair enough, dug through parts bins and made up a suitable connection for the new servo's horn.  Then could not get the link set up correctly for love nor money (was already pretty stressed and tired) so gave up and left the lot strewn over the workbench till tomorrow.

:/

28879872124_761aeaa7a4_o.jpg

Not clearly owned up before, but the 'masterpiece' that is the Tamiya Bigfoot has always been 'glitching' and when playing with the 4WS - I have that on a 3rd channel - left, centre, right on a 3-way - when powering off, and/or steering as well, it 'goes loopy - full bore forwards or backwards, not selected.

I'd often thought it would be, wait  for it, the power drain from the twin Savox 1256TG servos (there, I said it!!) and having fitted an S-BEC successfully to the X-Maxx in anticipation of such a possible problem, I fitted one to the Bigfoot - and it's perfect - not a single problem - apart from the wheels being so heavy the savers cannot supply enough support - I'll get there!

Photos from tonight:

St.%20Helens-20160906-00759_zpsqdizqwrw.

St.%20Helens-20160906-00758_zpsnbemq5cx.

St.%20Helens-20160906-00760_zpskbiv9loe.

Archive photo to show what it looks like with the body on:

BF18%20-%2020150823%2006_zpszgcmhtmy.jpg

Al.

Fitted my SSD rear axle widening kit to the Yeti ready to give it a good spanking at a new place, hopefully it'll be good, testing on Friday, weather permitting.

In other news, the SJ4000 cam that I wrecked the lens on is now working fine, ordered a fresh lens from China for 6quid, it arrived in about 11 days and I fit it today, works perfectly, can even adjust the focus manually which is neat, although a little bit trial and error to get it spot on.

For those wondering how you tell a real one from a fake, the real ones have SJCam written on the inner plastic :)

IMG-20160907-WA0000_resized_zpszazfszpy.

IMG-20160907-WA0002_resized_zpsc3huld6c.

Not sure if it would be of any help, but if anyone wants, I'll make a video of how to do this, if anyone else is stuck with a scratched up lens.

Edited by Oh How Original

688eaf4a02243024491e036ec95f53f0.jpg

9bb87ad4a3a259058cbfb0ec9482e413.jpg

Finished the bench in the RC shed, the top I bought was too small, but the very same day we had a new cooker delivered that was packed with planks of wood around the polystyrene, cut and shaped them to size, sanded and stained them and voila, free bench extension on each side :lol: :lol:

Also have electricity now!!

• Like 3