• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Almost 0 rc lately besides a great crawl with the yeti last weekend and cleaning the rigs that are broken.
If your motor smokes out the cable holes thats healthy!

Tested a motor that was pretty nackered.

That'll be the problem, now its a 3 pole motor...

IMG_20211016_164115.thumb.jpg.6f5f96bad94f0008f7dfef649744b568.jpg

Fitted the banggoodebayspecial sway bars from my outlaw to the lads outlaw, didnt use the links included as the stock ones work better than those supplied, should be less floppy on the hill climbs.
IMAG1601.thumb.jpg.dbfe8b66356af22830b109db94077cdf.jpg

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, Alex97 said:

Used the mini summit for the first time, all of the video was one handed driving so please excuse it....

Didn't it do well! A bit torquey motor and it would have got up the bank I reckon  👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shergar said:

Didn't it do well! A bit torquey motor and it would have got up the bank I reckon  👍

Holmes hobbies 12t crawlermaster has been ordered, front differential will also be locked. 

Next time I'll take my gopro to save me trying to drive one handed. 

• Like 3

well my slash ultimate  is at a cross roads.  Do i finish it off with the stock parts  and sell it  or add the upgrades.  If i use the upgrades i will have to keep it  as i wont make my money back.

IMG_20211017_131513.jpg

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Shergar said:

Are you skint? Sell it. If your not, sit on it! Id flog the hop ups if its never going to be run and recoup some cash tbough.

Don't need the money  but so many people say if a RC is sat doing nothing then sell it. 

• Like 1

On 13/10/2021 at 10:05, Yorkshireman said:

Sorry mate.....you could try putting shoe goo on the back to reinforce it, might help ! 👍

I’ll reinforce it with duct tape…. and drive in a sensible and socially responsible manner…..

ok, I might order a new shell in anticipation of disaster 🤣

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Shergar said:

I have a TT02 that i keep thinking should I sell it, but then I don’t feel guilty using, abusing and the servicing it back to new again....

at least it's getting some use

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Bert_w164 said:

That's a quiet a beast you have there good sir, it's looking solid, thick and tight! Talking about the diff obviously 😉

It's such a solid build. 

Has 8mm dogbones as standard in the rear axle. Beast. 😉

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Redback said:

Need to get the high rock rocking againg, so figured id open up the hv servo that died a few months ago and see if the gears were the issue or the motor pinion was gone.
Turns out the issue was the gears were rusted shut, how it even worked up to the point it failed is amazing.
How they should look on the right...
IMAG1603.thumb.jpg.90f9e582135365d5e5b2a1ec4a20b700.jpg

Pinion looked ok, so used the gears, bearings and seals from a non high voltage version of the same servo that died at sst and wola one working high voltage servo. Only 3 new servos to buy now 😅

despite the big letters clearly NOT waterproof

• Like 1
  • Haha 1