• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

19 minutes ago, Redback said:

Goodluck, i found the outlaw liked to snap the pins with these hub extenders, maybe you will have more luck.

We’ll see, I’ve got millions of those pins though so I’ll see how it goes ✌️🤣

:good:

35 minutes ago, Yrkoon said:

had to bodge my kronos wing mount as i broke the bottom part where the bottom screws go lastnight lol

heres a vid of the kronos and hyper st going about the quarry 🙂

Was great fun and quarry is really flat now and lets the cars rip 

• Like 1

Reworked the mounts for the battery boxes in the X2, I use long nuts these days, they're designed for joining lengths of studding (all-thread) together. They're very neat and very strong. I use them as up-stands to hold the boxes firmly in place, but raised up off of the uneven chassis. 

7 minutes ago, Tug said:

Reworked the mounts for the battery boxes in the X2, I use long nuts these days, they're designed for joining lengths of studding (all-thread) together. They're very neat and very strong. I use them as up-stands to hold the boxes firmly in place, but raised up off of the uneven chassis. 

Could you post a picture please, at your leisure 👍

12 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

:good:

Was great fun and quarry is really flat now and lets the cars rip 

we shall see how the bodge on the kronos holds up next time, it was a new wing mount..... and lasted a batt and a half. one wheeley to many i guess and the only thing i have that can keep up with ur hyper st is the hyper 7, we have to drag race them next time on video as i think the hyper 7 is slightly faster which is awesome as you have a hyper 7 too 🙂

also yup awesome fun and banter/shenanigans the  camera guy got a shot of all four models we had out 🙂

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 1

Broke one of them doing some jumps and it is now 3 wheel drive. 

Was hoping it was a drive pin had fallen out but no such luck.  Diff still looks to be working so think it must just be a broken dog bone.  Will take a proper look after I have cleaned it.  Some long term dry weather would be nice!!  I still seem to be on my winter washing technique rather than just brushing off dust.

• Like 1

It so dam shiny its showing all the reflections around it In the photos    . 

Just lining the body now with skrim tape them wait till glue drys then assemble the roll cage in it .  Them unshiney it  lol 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Iain .R said:

It so dam shiny its showing all the reflections around it In the photos    . 

Just lining the body now with skrim tape them wait till glue drys then assemble the roll cage in it .  Them unshiney it  lol 

Looks very smart!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, walkbythesea said:

This disused sand pit is 5 minutes from my place

1B5734C0-0466-4346-BF7D-BB66B274058C.jpeg

Nice! I’m yet to find anything like this near me which isn’t full of kids on bikes all the time. Most decent looking areas are private and well secured. I will find something, I hope…

2 hours ago, walkbythesea said:

This disused sand pit is 5 minutes from my place

1B5734C0-0466-4346-BF7D-BB66B274058C.jpeg

You lucky sod    that looks amazing fun . 

I guess that's an thread right there !!  where do you play  !! And post pics .  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

I masked and painted my very 1st shell. 

Now I need to decide if I leave it like it is (minus the last bits of overspray film left on the outside of the windows) or if I should go ahead with the planned flat clear coat. 

spacer.png

Nice job 👍

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BigGinge said:

I masked and painted my very 1st shell. 

Now I need to decide if I leave it like it is (minus the last bits of overspray film left on the outside of the windows) or if I should go ahead with the planned flat clear coat. 

spacer.png

That's clean and you could have fooled me by telling me it's a stock factory painted shell. 

Well done dude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, that didn’t go quite as expected.

The finish is now definitely matt but it is also surprising white, which wasn’t part of the plan. 

Have I done something wrong when applying the flat clear coat (Fastrax Matt Effect Bodyshell Varnish) or have a got a duff can of paint?

8C815C82-1A2B-4B9C-AC12-9F385EC9BCFD.jpeg

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

Well, that didn’t go quite as expected.

The finish is now definitely matt but it is also surprising white, which wasn’t part of the plan. 

Have I done something wrong when applying the flat clear coat (Fastrax Matt Effect Bodyshell Varnish) or have a got a duff can of paint?

8C815C82-1A2B-4B9C-AC12-9F385EC9BCFD.jpeg

Too thick?   I’ve not used this product and have indeed only painted one rc shell before myself, but it looks like too much varnish in one hit from when I’ve sprayed wood in other scenarios. 

• Confused 1