• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

5 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Ive been very quiet on the RC front. A genuine bit of RC fatigue, Ive not even been interested in catching up on forums or RC Youtubers, Traxxas have released a new Maxx Slash which is right up my street yet I havent pulled the trigger and I am unlikely too. Truth is, Id picked up most of the RCs I wanted (the Tamiya R34s, NSX, Supra and various Porsches) and I kinda felt Ive achieved everything with my RCs….

However, I had an Audi A4 on order at my local modelshop, and last week I did my usual eBay searches and made a purchase. 

Must be a sign as today as I was leaving for work, I got a parcelforce notification a parcel was out for delivery, and on my lunch break, I got a text saying my A4 was in at my local modelshop.  So a double RC Day. 

Also picked up some paint etc

mo5Fw6y.jpeg

Audi A4 TT-01E. Such an iconic shell IMO. Obviously a rere but itll be built as a shelfer so no problems. 

cEDeklU.jpeg

Now this is also a rere. I missed out on the original ReRe run, so had to pay over RRP, but I still got this for sub £200 all in which I think is acceptable. Its also on a TA03RS, quite a rare chassis that Ive never actually built. 

Of Course its the Porsche 911 GT1 Street. I do wonder if I could obtain some “race version” decals?

MSFNAwq.jpeg

couple of nice Tamiya`s mate, get them built

Little haul from Injora, 1.0 red wheels and some nice 60mm tyres plus 5mm brass hex`s this is all for the rock van to turn it into the A-Team van when clear body comes back in stock....yet again have to order an M1.27 allen key

Injora.JPG

• Like 3

Desert lizard 110mm shocks. I really like those shocks, got several sets. 

The 110mm are for trying out on my Trx4 high trail, gonna see what it looks like lowered on 1.9s. 

A set of injora steel deep dish wheels, Trx4 bumper posts and some black wheel nuts, 10 for about £2.50 ish, good value and good wheel nuts. 

IMG_20240413_114104_edit_27034414005258
  • Like 2

Postman brought me  a small vac former.

A4 sized base, which will be perfect for my plans to make shells for my micro RC helicopters, plus a number of other small projects I have planned.

First, though, I need to 3D print the formers for what I want. Then I can make the shells.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, markymarky said:

Not the post man but had this dropped off to me at work 😊

Yet to have a proper look but the engine looks completely mint, I may have found one of the last Losi 5ives in original condition in existence! 

Even the controller looks unused. 

IMG_20240418_191306.jpg

Did it arrive in a shopping trolley?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tug said:

Did it arrive in a shopping trolley?

That was extra 😉

Doesn't fit in my car without the seats down and didn't want to leave it on view while i was still at work so bought it inside, easier than carrying it 😁

Edited by markymarky

11 hours ago, markymarky said:

That was extra 😉

Doesn't fit in my car without the seats down and didn't want to leave it on view while i was still at work so bought it inside, easier than carrying it 😁

They are a tad large, sideways through doors etc. 

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Just now, Stormbringer said:

nice little haul , problem with alliexpress is its quick and its cheap so you spend more lol :rofl:

Very true and things that I never needed always seem to pop up and end up in my basket lol

• Haha 1

2 of my AliExpress orders arrived today as well

IMG_0370.thumb.jpeg.e29cd62fede9af1440171617736bb405.jpegIMG_0368.thumb.jpeg.ed5df79d388efdd89027a4844df245ea.jpeg

Also you can’t beat them Choice Deals, spend over £8 free shipping, I’ve a got some lights, wheel hubs, tow rope etc on the way 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

2 of my AliExpress orders arrived today as well

IMG_0370.thumb.jpeg.e29cd62fede9af1440171617736bb405.jpegIMG_0368.thumb.jpeg.ed5df79d388efdd89027a4844df245ea.jpeg

Also you can’t beat them Choice Deals, spend over £8 free shipping, I’ve a got some lights, wheel hubs, tow rope etc on the way 🤣🤣🤣

100% on them choice deals. Always draws me in for things I never knew I needed lol

Also always check for the discount code within the app. Add it to the basket even if it don't look relevant and it might say can't be used but then check your price and 99% of the time it's been added.  Every penny counts right now 👌

• Like 2