• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

20 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

2.4 tends to be line of sight and if car goes into a hollow it can lose signal 

Oh I could see the car, sometimes it's only 10ft away. I'll find out when I next take the MT10 out.

10 hours ago, DannyP said:

Oh I could see the car, sometimes it's only 10ft away. I'll find out when I next take the MT10 out.

Your problem sounds like one I was suffering recently. In my case I discovered that the antenna wire inside the transmitter (where it connects to the pcb) had come loose. I refitted it and added a blob of hot glue to keep it in place.

Oddly, though, despite using the same transmitter for all my cars, it effected one car much more than any of the others.

It’s the same as the one I’ve had for a while now. Was tempted to splash out on something more expensive on the off chance it would feel nicer to use but the convenience of having both transmitters use the same Rx units (that are already in all of the cars) won out in the end. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigGinge said:

It’s the same as the one I’ve had for a while now. Was tempted to splash out on something more expensive on the off chance it would feel nicer to use but the convenience of having both transmitters use the same Rx units (that are already in all of the cars) won out in the end. 

I have 2 receivers for mine….both in cars I’m not using 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, BigGinge said:

An extra Tx so that we can run two cars at once. 

C1BEAE0D-81A7-4C37-8504-7847A06CF101.thumb.jpeg.751e17a3ea97c15519d3e2e18cb3a995.jpeg

I've been really impressed with the micro RXs, they are about £7 shipped to the UK, you need to solder the pins on however it's not that difficult. I ordered some straight 2.54mm pins from eBay for a few pounds so the leads go straight up rather than side ways. 

Screenshot_20230108_192955_AliExpress.jpg

• Like 3