• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

Got a bunch of little extras, rc transmitter, temp gun, wires, plugs etc.,  Along with some Proline single stage closed cell foams for getting wet, are they supposed to be rock solid? Dont really want to open the pack if they arnt going to perform.
I expected them to be about as soft maybe a bit more stiff as a standard RC foam insert, these are like the foams bumpers are made out of with very little give. Any thoughts do they soften overtime like tires... wrong place to ask i suppose, should have got hair scrunchies instead maybe.

23 minutes ago, Fuzzock said:

After an accident with a glass of Irn Bru I had to order a new Keyboard. Sadly EOL now so had to pay a premium to get one.. 😢

image.thumb.png.bea41d65470c5a6cf05c6258c85346a5.png

Ian...

My kid spilt a drink in mine  so had to replace it.  about a week later it happened again.   so i got 2 at same time just in case

2 hours ago, turok007 said:

My kid spilt a drink in mine  so had to replace it.  about a week later it happened again.   so i got 2 at same time just in case

oof I hate killing keyboards like that... once i spilt a beer over my razor black widow keyboard that killed it, took it apart washed it under the tap and left it in a box of rice for a week, worked again and is still running to this day 5 years later, had no other option really or 150£ down the drain.

• Like 2

Just now, Redback said:

oof I hate killing keyboards like that... once i spilt a beer over my razor black widow keyboard that killed it, took it apart washed it under the tap and left it in a box of rice for a week, worked again and is still running to this day 5 years later, had no other option really or 150£ down the drain.

I spilt a full mug of hot tea over my Laptop keyboard a couple of months ago, I quickly turned it upside down, unplugged and shut down and removed the battery, I dried it off with kitchen towel and left to next day. It was fine, I then proceeded to spill another full mug of tea on it again😂, same again and it was fine, and still working fine😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Redback said:

if you can power down quick enough  then you have a chance to save a keyboard.

1 hour ago, turok007 said:

if you can power down quick enough  then you have a chance to save a keyboard.

Sadly not in this case. It was unplugged quickly, soaked, showered,  and thoroughly dried but was partially dead when tested. :(

Worst thing is that they are EOL now so had to pay a premium to replace it. :(

Ian...

On 25/11/2020 at 21:24, Ag100 said:

I spilt a full mug of hot tea over my Laptop keyboard a couple of months ago, I quickly turned it upside down, unplugged and shut down and removed the battery, I dried it off with kitchen towel and left to next day. It was fine, I then proceeded to spill another full mug of tea on it again😂, same again and it was fine, and still working fine😀

I spilt a glass of orange juice on my old Thinkpad T480S, was NOT a cheap laptop and i'd only had it a couple of months. Fortunately I was on a job where I had very little actual hands on work to do, I was basically sat there listnening to Geordies make jokes and insult with each other over a comms system. Long and short of my job was making sure the system continues to work.. so I took it apart the laptop and cleaned it there and then.

Keyboard was never the same and I ended up changing it out... touchpad is still a bit sticky.

It's all about acting fast with moisture and electronics.

• Like 2

nothing nada, nowt, not a lot, i see a big row brewing with an ebay seller, for the new super duper action camera i ordered that should of been here thursday, however i suspect it is coming from China as the tracking does not even show "in transit" despite stating UK, i emailed the seller to ask for more tracking info and no reply, and yeah could be down to busy couriers as they are overworked and under payed, but a larger non rc item i ordered after this has arrived yesterday by royal mail same as the cam is allegedly shipped with.

I am pretty darn angry about this as i wanted it for this weekend.   If it arrives from China i feel i should report the seller for mis leading saying in UK

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

nothing nada, nowt, not a lot, i see a big row brewing with an ebay seller, for the new super duper action camera i ordered that should of been here thursday, however i suspect it is coming from China as the tracking does not even show "in transit" despite stating UK, i emailed the seller to ask for more tracking info and no reply, and yeah could be down to busy couriers as they are overworked and under payed, but a larger non rc item i ordered after this has arrived yesterday by royal mail same as the cam is allegedly shipped with.

I am pretty darn angry about this as i wanted it for this weekend.   If it arrives from China i feel i should report the seller for mis leading saying in UK

I've had loads of late deliveries lately, despite other items ordered the same time arriving on time or even earlier than expected. Your local mail centre may the capacity to process your items on time, but the sender's might be overwhelmed.

6 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

I've had loads of late deliveries lately, despite other items ordered the same time arriving on time or even earlier than expected. Your local mail centre may the capacity to process your items on time, but the sender's might be overwhelmed.

Similar for me. It seems unpredictable at the moment.

I have had one lost in the past 2 weeks too which has been a pain...

Ian...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Nice, now the works starts, is it a big build?

It’s not too complicated but quite a bit more to it than a TT02 ,it’s the body and decals that take the longest .

still waiting on the radio gear but will be making a start tomorrow 👍

• Like 1