• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

Arrived yesterday... but I didn't have time to set it up

Monster of a 3D printer, especially for the pric. It's not cheap, but considering it can do polycarb, nylon, and carbon fibre infused filaments, and it has a huge print bed (30x25x30 cm), I actually think it's pretty good value.

I should be able to make some pretty durable RC parts given the material selection.

20200820_145844.thumb.jpg.2f7c974e10d6674c45362ea6e581b25c.jpg20200820_192233.thumb.jpg.7a27db038d509f37a18c2eace638d4eb.jpg

20200820_192224.thumb.jpg.76cbb82511ac1e3a914762b6aca2169f.jpg

Test print came out pretty well too

20200820_192252.thumb.jpg.940f4be139de8ff4eb97db26fd1bb383.jpg

• Like 3

Got my boy a Granite and myself Big Rock, sometimes just want to go and have fun, Kraton bit big and fast for same places.

I know v3 off them coming out soon but now and again can use business to buy goodies why im not bothered about not getting v3

Edited by Logie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

So cool!

My kid would love that so much.....

I wonder if I could make a van shell work for the ET410 🤔

Why, just get an X-Maxx, comes with the shell already. ;) :P 

In general, van shells are cool but rather impractical. I'm not gonna run the truck with that shell on, that's the shelfqueen-shell. I'll be running the russian in the background, once the stupid connector-adaptors arrive (didn't today, can't run it without 😭). In general, yes you absolutely can make a shell, out of.. forgot the name. @Oh How Original i think made stuff before, he probably knows what i'm talking about. It's like plastic sheets, sorta.

13 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Why, just get an X-Maxx, comes with the shell already. ;) :P 

In general, van shells are cool but rather impractical. I'm not gonna run the truck with that shell on, that's the shelfqueen-shell. I'll be running the russian in the background, once the stupid connector-adaptors arrive (didn't today, can't run it without 😭). In general, yes you absolutely can make a shell, out of.. forgot the name. @Oh How Original i think made stuff before, he probably knows what i'm talking about. It's like plastic sheets, sorta.

You talking about styrene?

I wouldn't know, never worked with it - but i remembered something about it and thought that, if you actually want to build your own van-shell for an RC, it's probably the best stuff to use.