• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

5 hours ago, Paul Busby said:

Very first sale, and a happy customer... need to shift this batch now! 😁

20200626_163131.thumb.jpg.2e22a85121fec8bc636ced3143565da9.jpg

Process is getting quite tuned now, but it's clear to me that I need to use a full size router for the initial cut outs, as the Dremel can't take enough material out. Also need a better template material. I'm thinking some reasonably thick plywood.

Probably need to get a bit more practice routing out the gearbox bump, currently it's a little rough. Again, I think this is down to my template and material... I do have a plan on how to do this, even before I have a CNC.

20200626_163520.thumb.jpg.7ad6bf81ea63f84d76f0253a1a4ed8e3.jpg

Theses look great Paul , any thoughts on if you would do something for the 3s -4s arrma’s ?

8 minutes ago, Stevenj76 said:

Theses look great Paul , any thoughts on if you would do something for the 3s -4s arrma’s ?

Yep, very happy to.

Problem is that I don't own one, so i need the bolt pattern and someone that is happy to (virtually) sit with me for an evening or two and do some test fits with paper print outs and/or I need to get hold of a chassis... im just spening so much on tooling at the moment I really don't want to buy more cars... yet.

Edited by Paul Busby

2 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

Yep, very happy to.

Problem is that I don't own one, so i need the bolt pattern and someone that is happy to (virtually) sit with me for an evening or two and do some test fits with paper print outs and/or I need to get hold of a chassis... im just spening so much on tooling at the moment I really don't want to buy more cars... yet.

Well I’ll keep my eye on things here and look forward hopefully getting one off you 

• Like 1

On 30/06/2020 at 12:32, Garry said:

More EDS tools for me today. 

What's the quality like on these Garry? Thought bike tools had a scene tax until I clocked the MIP kit!

In the meantime the postie was early today, more stuff! For a truck I'm not sure about using! 🤬

DSC_0546.JPG

Today is a good rc day :)

The postie brought me a VTX and a new body shell. I popped to my lhs for some paint and ended up leaving with another mostly complete mini rs4 which will be used as a spares car. 

Result! 

IMG_20200702_161807_723

Some UV curing conformal coating and a winch spool so I can build a servo winch for the VS4-10

New Carbon drag link with bearings arrived today, came from America, and postage was pretty much the same as the part, will get it fitted this week. This replaces the standard aluminium one which has a bit of play.

8CCEA8E4-2BF3-4FD2-90F5-C17727F231C5.jpeg

On 26/06/2020 at 16:38, Paul Busby said:

Very first sale, and a happy customer... need to shift this batch now! 😁

20200626_163131.thumb.jpg.2e22a85121fec8bc636ced3143565da9.jpg

Process is getting quite tuned now, but it's clear to me that I need to use a full size router for the initial cut outs, as the Dremel can't take enough material out. Also need a better template material. I'm thinking some reasonably thick plywood.

Probably need to get a bit more practice routing out the gearbox bump, currently it's a little rough. Again, I think this is down to my template and material... I do have a plan on how to do this, even before I have a CNC.

20200626_163520.thumb.jpg.7ad6bf81ea63f84d76f0253a1a4ed8e3.jpg

I have questions...

What are they made from..??  What do they fit..??

I have questions...

What are they made from..??  What do they fit..??

The one piece designs I have been working on and sold to people are just Kydex.It's very easy to work with and reasonably priced. 

I plan on doing a couple more designs with extra bracing, and I'm testing a few different plastics for necissary parts to accommodate that... Might keep those materials a little close to the chest as it has took quite a bit of reading, discussions, research, and will take quite a bit of real world testing.

Currently fitment is mainly Arrma 6s... But if you have requirements I'm happy to talk and experiment with you, similar to the way I have with AJ, who fitted to a Corally.

Btw - all 9 parts, and a few very rough prototypes have all sold with 100% positive feedback so far. Less than a week with no website or proper Facebook page. I'm very happy with that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BashingBrian said:

What have you got for the 6s Arrma lineup left and how much are they..??

Right now, I have nothing ready to go, except a couple of very rough prototypes. I'm working the normal job to fund all the expensive tools so I can make them more efficiently, and more repeatably.... but I have a lot of rough cuts waiting to be trimmed, drilled, cleaned, and moulded...

Keep an eye on this page/my status and I will have a website up and running soon (It's nearly ready).

What car is it for?

Edited by Paul Busby

I'm still waiting for the new LiPo battery to arrive from Overlander - itching to drive my mad Bull again!!

Oh yeah, and the Low Voltage LED display too, should arrive this Wed...

Wheel bearings and spacers for the bullet and new servo gears for the MERV, bullet is now rebuilt and awaiting run up tomorrow the MERV servo can wait for now but they’ll both be out for fun tomorrow