• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Associated MT12 Monster Van RTR LiPo Combo

Nick

Coming to a stadium near you, the MT12 Monster Series 4x4 Monster Van may be small in size, but it's jam-packed full of incredible features! Equipped with Reedy Power electronics, this rig comes Ready-To-Run with everything you need right out of the box. No need to prep or build your rig; just charge it and you're ready for some pedal-to-the-metal, car-crushing action!

Designed not only for scale looks with realistic chrome wheels, chevron-style tires, and retro-styled van body, the MT12 is built for car-stomping action as well. The steel ladder frame chassis provides the perfect backbone for this rugged little monster. The 4-link suspension, threaded shocks, and soft rubber tires give the grip and performance needed to smash over cars or through dirt and mud. Transferring power to the ground is a compact 3-gear transmission, plastic low-friction slider-type drive shafts, front steel CVA axles, and metal-shield ball bearings.

With the MT12 4x4 Monster Van, you'll pay for the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge!

Features

• Open front and rear differentials
  • Steel pivot balls
  • Steel 4-link bars
  • Servo on chassis steering
  • Steel C-channel frame rails
  • Servo saver
  • Oil-filled shocks with threaded shock bodies
  • Adjustable shock holes on towers
  • Aluminum wheel hexes
  • Adjustable front and rear body posts
  • Metal front CVA and rear solid axle shafts with 12mm hex adapters
  • Black anodized aluminum battery/radio tray with hook-and-loop hold-down strap
  • Plastic low-friction slider-type drive shafts
  • 16-piece metal-shield ball bearing set
  • 2.4GHz XP transmitter and receiver
  • Reedy Power speed control with high-current T-plug connector
  • Reedy brushed 380 motor
  • 850mAh Li-Ion 7.4V 2-cell battery and charger

2.jpg

3.jpg

Source:

https://www.associatedelectrics.com/news/latest_products/2763-new-mt12-monster-van-rtr-lipo-combo/

View full news article

• Like 2

This isn't for me however associated is doing a really good job in the background releasing a variety of different model types and scales. A lot of the main guys just re hash the same thing over and over again. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alex97 said:

This isn't for me however associated is doing a really good job in the background releasing a variety of different model types and scales. A lot of the main guys just re hash the same thing over and over again. 

Interesting youve said that. Im the opposite. I get times have changed, but I always considered AE the upper echelon of RC, a stalwart of the race track. However their last few releases seem like they couldve been straight from Ali Express. Its like Ferrari releasing a city car.

9 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Interesting youve said that. Im the opposite. I get times have changed, but I always considered AE the upper echelon of RC, a stalwart of the race track. However their last few releases seem like they couldve been straight from Ali Express. Its like Ferrari releasing a city car.

It's easier to sell 3x £200 RTR kits than it is to sell one £400-500 race buggy kit and when you have a reputation like they do it isn't hard to sell a £200 RTR.

Quality wise other than the MT10 I haven't seen any of their RTRs in person so can't comment on how well it's built but for the price point I don't think it's a bad offering, LHS part support and a pretty good after service support is their main advantage over the cheap AliExpress cars. It would be good to get some feedback from someone who owns one. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

It's easier to sell 3x £200 RTR kits than it is to sell one £400-500 race buggy kit and when you have a reputation like they do it isn't hard to sell a £200 RTR.

Quality wise other than the MT10 I haven't seen any of their RTRs in person so can't comment on how well it's built but for the price point I don't think it's a bad offering, LHS part support and a pretty good after service support is their main advantage over the cheap AliExpress cars. It would be good to get some feedback from someone who owns one. 

Dont disagree can understand it entirely just isnt what I expected from AE. That said, isnt the MT10 a rebranded Red Cat or something?

9 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Dont disagree can understand it entirely just isnt what I expected from AE. That said, isnt the MT10 a rebranded Red Cat or something?

I think so however I believe that AE changed a few bits however they didn't design it.

13 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

I'm the same, I think Associated could of created a whole new brand here.