• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kevin Talbots Raffles...

Steve-O2021

These so called raffles are the biggest legal scam to hit the internet.  You also have the patrons only garbage and let’s not forget the buy me a coffee scam more like illegal begging but but it’s not. Then there’s the freebies that get sold on by some mentioning no names Beyond this point if you catch my drift. Anyway his latest biggest best scam has to buying an address on the Isle of Man so he can hide from the tax man whilst still living and working here 😂. Yep he has made a massive success and now like so many runs and hides. 

No one will stop buying or watching his content he has the Midas touch for sure 😂👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Theyre all at it to be honest not just Kev. But its really soured me on all these Youtubers, especially RC related ones. But hey, I cant say Id be any different given the oportunity to off load some of my unwanted stuff for 20x their value haha. 

Im getting a bit tired of it all to be honest. Im

happy plodding around with the RCs Ive got and picking up some Tamiya's here and there. Watching Youtubers really used to add something to the hobby for me, now everythings a cash grab. Glenn from Tamiya Legends and Mark Saint Maria seem the only legit ones now. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

These so called raffles are the biggest legal scam to hit the internet.  You also have the patrons only garbage and let’s not forget the buy me a coffee scam more like illegal begging but but it’s not. Then there’s the freebies that get sold on by some mentioning no names Beyond this point if you catch my drift. Anyway his latest biggest best scam has to buying an address on the Isle of Man so he can hide from the tax man whilst still living and working here 😂. Yep he has made a massive success and now like so many runs and hides. 

No one will stop buying or watching his content he has the Midas touch for sure 😂👍

The Beyond Scam is just ridiculous haha. Thought it was only me who has an issue with that mind. 

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Imagine if you went up to your employer who pays you and you said "I have done work. Buy me a coffee". I am sure that would go down well 😄

• Haha 2

Wouldn't actually call these scams, no one is being forced to enter or buy, and people who do know what they are doing, and know what they are buying or winning , just my thoughts, other thoughts are available 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have mentioned raffles on here a little while back, frankly they annoy me over on facecloth the FTX group i kept getting tagged in the raffles on there and each time i would comment telling the guy to stop it, again i wonder how legal that one was, if you look at the odds your not likely to win and on the FB ones i suspect the person running raffle could well say to a mate "buy 20 tickets and you will win"

If you don’t buy a ticket you have nothing to worry about. Bon chance to those profiteering from the cash foolish (248 tickets!). To me seems no different to the lottery, online betting or scratch cards, people believe they can beat the odds - but then for a few pounds who cares!

I keep my money in my pocket, but good luck Kev and to those who fancy a chance!

• Like 2

Surely someone buying that many must be up to something a bit dodge when it comes to winning something worth not much more than they have put in!?  Stolen credit cards???

I don't really have a big issue with these though and in my personal opinion I find it more crazy how many people play the national lottery every single week.

Edited by MrCake

28 minutes ago, MrCake said:

Surely someone buying that many must be up to something a bit dodge when it comes to winning something worth not much more than they have put in!?  Stolen credit cards???

I don't really have a big issue with these though and in my personal opinion I find it more crazy how many people play the national lottery every single week.

That's what I was thinking or they have been swiping mummy's credit card... lol

I suppose there's more chance of winning Kevs Xmaxx than the lottery if you check the odds of winning the lottery

• Like 1

I quite often buy 1 ticket, after all it only takes i ticket to win.

There is a local to us company called Bounty Giveaways (we knew the girl that runs it from years ago, she did my wifes hair when we got married) they started off during the first lockdown as she could not work and being self employed had no income, so her and her other half started the company, it started off with i think 3 hot tubs and now they are giving away houses and lamborginies and have become millionaires in the process, my wife always buys 1 ticket for the big draws, but they do always have little draws too for like 50p a ticket where you can get a dyson hoover and stuff like that.

They quite often have a very interesting draw where there is a minimum amount of cash you can win, but the more tickets thats sold the more you can win goes up by which i think is the best way to do these sort of raffles

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

I quite often buy 1 ticket, after all it only takes i ticket to win.

There is a local to us company called Bounty Giveaways (we knew the girl that runs it from years ago, she did my wifes hair when we got married) they started off during the first lockdown as she could not work and being self employed had no income, so her and her other half started the company, it started off with i think 3 hot tubs and now they are giving away houses and lamborginies and have become millionaires in the process, my wife always buys 1 ticket for the big draws, but they do always have little draws too for like 50p a ticket where you can get a dyson hoover and stuff like that.

They quite often have a very interesting draw where there is a minimum amount of cash you can win, but the more tickets thats sold the more you can win goes up by which i think is the best way to do these sort of raffles

Not debating people dont win, my friends brother won a £200k 992 GT3 recently, but they’re dedicated raffle sites, and everyone has the choice to enter if they wish. Everyones at it, eventually they’ll over saturate, but for not fair play make some money.  However, the Youtube video’s Ive been enjoying for years now, just seem a bit tarnished by this constant ‘YOU CAN WIN THIS RC!!’. Dont get  me wrong, I understand why theyre doing it, they’re making mega money for stuff they dont want anymore (dont forget its not all profit, Im sure these cost time and money to set up and promote, and there’s obviously a cut going to Rafall) Id do the same if my mortgage relied on it. Id just rather it not dominate the videos I used to enjoy. 

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1