• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Where is best to buy rc 's from

Chicko

Modelsport are first port of call for me each time. Wheelspin are great too. Both have great stock and fast delivery.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

I travel about a three hour round trip to go to Redfin Models in Baldock.

http://www.redfinmodels.com

It's a bit of a jaunt but we make a day of it with my boy, sort of adds to the fun.

The owner there Jason is great, happy to chat and very helpful. 

I get all my big purchases there and like others have said, Modelsport serves me very well for consumables you need quickly.

• Like 1

Lots of great places suggested by everyone above. 

I like most everyone here use Modelsport UK or a local shop (Trackside Spares).
Tbh I use Modelsport UK for 99% of my big RC purchases though, ....even if it's cheaper elsewhere you can ask them for a price match and they offer a great service. :good:

• 3 weeks later...

Always Modelsport for me as they are very easy to deal with if and when things go bad.

I don't have loads of hobbies but this seems to be one where out of the box issues are common.  It came up in another thread but I think 'RTR' is a bit of a joke with an expectation on the end-user to check and correct manufacturing mistakes.  Therefore, I place higher weight on after sales service rather than rock bottom pricing.

Not all shops are equal however and I am currently getting a little annoyed with another company who seem to just be ignoring my emails (not naming names yet).

• Like 1