• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma Scale Adventure SCA-1E Owners Thread

stretch

1 hour ago, AndyMB said:

@tomr that looks great nice work! I like the new arches and snorkel. I ended up buying a second set of the bumper parts while I could so I could have one cut down and the original one too

Thanks mate 👍🏻
The kit included two bumpers the one I’ve fitted and a thin type for more clearance, I’m not sure why they included the one I have on as it doesn’t fit without a good bit of surgery but I really liked the fog lights 😁

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

nice one. looks like bridstones

It’s called Musbury heights quarry. A favourite spot of mine. Bit of a climb up a hill to get to it but I let Cowboy Bob drive up rather than carry him there.

• Like 2

Fitted the inner fenders 👍🏻 
They’re ok but I do think Carisma could offer something better 

Also blanked the inside of the body instead of tinting the front windows to hide my messy wires .

EEC28523-BF38-4AC1-9E85-F6E2FA3986A4.thumb.jpeg.143ef7652accbb532d49b17b8336abbf.jpeg

84BD53DB-3229-4FC8-9B62-C3E6F611658A.thumb.jpeg.94740c7fb604a5b0adb12dfe332c27fc.jpeg

Edited by tomr
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, stretch said:

I got all excited when I hear pajero but that body is doing absolutely nothing for me.

Maybe in a different colour?

15 hours ago, Shergar said:

With the right wheels that will look ace. Thos are not the right wheels though…

and with different wheels?
But I don’t think I’ll be rushing to get this shell.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fat Freddy said:

Maybe in a different colour?

and with different wheels?
But I don’t think I’ll be rushing to get this shell.

I think a 4 door something would have looked better, pajero or nissan patrol etc.

• Like 2

Re mag mounts the ones I printed still use the original body holes to mount the bracket with which  means you don't get the stealth look but then avoid the issue with gluing to the body and removing the paint.

• Like 1

On 13/02/2022 at 14:01, stretch said:

Re mag mounts the ones I printed still use the original body holes to mount the bracket with which  means you don't get the stealth look but then avoid the issue with gluing to the body and removing the paint.

That seems sensible.  I've made a few mistakes with the magnets, but it's all part of the learning curve.   It turned out that the glue wasn't attached very well to the paint either, and it peeled off really easily.  From what I've heard of Shoe Goo, it's not supposed to be that easy, so I think I probably tried to remove it too early, and weakened the bonds.  I'm giving it another go, and it's been curing for about 12 hours now.  🤞

I made a few modifications, too..

• Shortened the lower links by 3mm, therefore giving it the correct 280mm wheelbase (it was 282mm), and clocking the axle to try and sort out the reversing issue.
  • Put M3 tubing around the threaded rods, so things are a lot more accurate underneath.
  • Replaced the shocks with cheaper-than-chips Banggood shocks.  They're listed as 100mm, but are actually 90mm, and they're really stiff, but that's a good thing - the old shocks were sagging under the weight of the hardbody.
    EDIT: Don't buy these shocks - they're terrible, badly made, leaky pieces of crud.
  • Attached all the lighting to the D90, thanks to some LED clip things that came with the front bumper, and a spot of hot glue.  I also removed the link from the light circuit to the throttle, which was working reversed.
  • Bought a metal steering link rod wotsit, a metal servo horn, and a better servo. Naturally, it's now fixed itself. 🤔

I'd take a photo, but I'm not going anywhere near it for another 12 hours.😛

Edited by voorsk
Shocks are awful!
  • Like 3

Hi, could anyone here who has the Ford F150 body shell (possibly @Jack Reacher?) do me a favor and take a couple of measurements for me please?

I'm trying to see if this shell might fit on my TRX4 as an everyday runner but I've read that is might be a little narrow and might not clear the fenders. So, I was wondering what the internal width is like around the wheel arches to get an idea if it would fit before I go ahead and buy one. If it's helpful to visualise what I'm after I have put an image below that shows the fenders which measure about 200 mm across.

7BFCC894-1B98-42F0-BD3A-05C51C67F3BC.thumb.jpeg.b75f9c8b5309faf540edf33f2f92ac73.jpeg

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

Hi, could anyone here who has the Ford F150 body shell (possibly @Jack Reacher?) do me a favor and take a couple of measurements for me please?

I'm trying to see if this shell might fit on my TRX4 as an everyday runner but I've read that is might be a little narrow and might not clear the fenders. So, I was wondering what the internal width is like around the wheel arches to get an idea if it would fit before I go ahead and buy one. If it's helpful to visualise what I'm after I have put an image below that shows the fenders which measure about 200 mm across.

7BFCC894-1B98-42F0-BD3A-05C51C67F3BC.thumb.jpeg.b75f9c8b5309faf540edf33f2f92ac73.jpeg

I'm pretty sure the F150 is approx 190mm at its widest which is wheel arch to wheel arch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stupar said:

I'm pretty sure the F150 is approx 190mm at its widest which is wheel arch to wheel arch.

Thanks for that, guess it is indeed too skinny to fit without cutting off a lot of material from the fenders. Will have to see what else is out there that might fit in its current form. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

Thanks for that, guess it is indeed too skinny to fit without cutting off a lot of material from the fenders. Will have to see what else is out there that might fit in its current form. 

proline do a Ford Ranger F.150 raptor body in 324mm

• Like 2

Ive just measured my (one of these) J concepts bodies is 200mm at the bottom tapering to 180 at the very top of the bed, its quoted as a TRX4 direct fit.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/j-concepts-1982-gmc-k10-trail-scale-body-traxxas-trx4-sport-or-123in-wheelbase-trucks--442581

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shergar said:

Ive just measured my (one of these) J concepts bodies is 200mm at the bottom tapering to 180 at the very top of the bed, its quoted as a TRX4 direct fit.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/j-concepts-1982-gmc-k10-trail-scale-body-traxxas-trx4-sport-or-123in-wheelbase-trucks--442581

Thanks for that but ideally I’m after something with a 324mm wheelbase so I can swap easily back and forth between my Prairie Wolf van body and whatever else I can find to fit. The element knight runner is looking like a good candidate at the minute. 

• Like 3