• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Music

Captain Howdy

What kind of music are people from the forum listening too ?

Pop music, rock music, dance music, jazz, new age, world music, acoustic music, experimental music, religious music, noise music or classical, or maybe you hate music ?

Genuine question folks.

• Like 1

No particular genre. So long as it doesn’t offend my ears, I listen to all sorts. During work hours I listen to BBC radio 6. It covers most of your list above, it’s quite diverse!

• Like 2

I like to say I have a eclectic taste in music, but looking through my iTunes library reveals that I am mainly a rock and acoustic guy, but always open to new bands (as long as its not that modern mumbling rap my 12 year old likes)

currently listening to

Foo Fighters - Waiting on a War

• Like 3

I like a bit of everything tbh when younger i was more pop charts but by 13 i got into some rap doug e fresh,run dmc etc then about 15 i found heavy rock and metal haha 🙂 love some dance,jungle,trance too 

i was lucky growing up as our house mum loved motown like dianna ross, stevie wonder etc and dad was a massive rock fan T-rex stones ,beatles etc 

seen metallica and GnR ,bon jovi at milton keynes bowl years ago and was gutted i had a ticket to watch nirvana in london a month before 😞 i wish i would of kept that ticket as a keepsake but my mate refunded it lol

• Like 2

Dnb/Jungle, 93-2003 was the best era 

Love a bit of the Chase and Status cross over stuff, plus some Plan B, The Streets etc 

Sat in car at the min with Ed Rush and Optical on the stereo 😂😂😂

• Like 3

Jeez oh, that brings back some memories.

I used to buy the Streetsound compilations called the Electro series, that showcased all the early American HipHop/Electro with the likes of Roxanne Shante, Man Parish, Knights of the Turntables, T La Rock and Doug e Fresh - Reminds me of going to school with my Puma trainers and the fattest laces I could find, hehe

• Like 1

I'm in to all sorts, a lot of country, indie, rock.... I can appreciate music from most genres and I think every genre has the ability to pump out a catchy hit. Got tickets to see Elton Johns final tour next year. :good:

I've recently got into Greta Van Fleet who only formed in 2012 and if you like Queen/Freddie Mercury and Led Zepplin, they've got a very similar sound, the lead vocals has a crazy voice:

Another fav is a Canadian Rock/Country band called The Sheepdogs who I was lucky to see when they toured the UK a couple years back:

• Like 2

I like quite a few bands 

Hawkwind , Yes , Pink Floyd , Mike Oldfield , Steel Eye Span , Blondie , Tangerine Dream , Bangles , Jon Anderson , Vangellis , Alice Cooper and quite a few others lol :cheers:

• Like 2

@NickYeah that Greta Van Fleet track certainly has a Queen vibe to it.

Love that Sheepdogs track (they are new to me) simple little groovy tune, played really well.

It's amazing the amount of new acts coming from a Country background or Alternative Country music background?

Great stuff.

@StormbringerGreat collection of classic rock there.

Hawkwind, like most people I remember the track 'Silver Machine' the guitars sounded so compressed and Eq'ed, it gave the track a real unique sound - and obviously Lemmy's cracking vocals.

Love Pink Floyd - listened to so much of it in the back of an old Ford Cortina years ago!

Interesting to see Tangerine Dream on you list - I also enjoy their trance inducing tracks, great use of classic synths.

Jon Anderson's voice is not of this earth mate !

• Like 1

Tune for @Stormbringer

The amazing Jon and Vangelis - timeless music that hasn't been matched to date !

@Stormbringer

Edited by Captain Howdy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dnb, bassline, garage, deep house, 90's brit pop, 70's country, 70's soft rock, 80's cheese. 

Bit of anything really. If it's a good song, it's a good song.

• Like 3