• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

GUTTED - Car Stolen means no new toys for now.

AndyBell

In the current climate its great to see how people are coming together to help each other out and the comminity spirit and resiliance people are showing in the face of this pandemic shows all is not lost on humanity.  But unfortunatley there are still the *lowlife benefit scrounging bottom feeders that that think society owes them something and they can just go around doing whatever they please knowing they will probably get away with it.......absolute scum.

I've really been sticking to this social distancing and stay at home stuff, only going out for essentials and exercise. I've been furloughed from work now for the last month and a bit so have had the time to sort out a few things around the house.  One of them that needed immediate attention, so I checked online and my local B&Q was open with restrictions in place so no different to grocery shopping really, in,  out job done. Or so I thought, I was only in there 20 mins which included queing to get in then to get to the tills, came out and my car had gone.  Not even a trace of glass or debris....like it had been beamed up.  I've worked since I was 16 with no gaps, now I'm 40 and finally got myself into a position to buy what I feel was a nice car......something I could use for commuting but also to have a little fun with, I only got it in November last year.   They only have CCTV of me driving past the front of the store, nothing of where I parked or the exit.....aparantly  the camera that looks at the exit has been repositioned to look at the queue into the store.

I had a little put away to fund my next RC purchase(s) but I'm now going to have to use that to make up the inevitable shortfall from the insurance payout......95% of my commute is on a smart motorway so I need something reliable.  

Anyways, rant over just needed to vent! 

*Disclaimer:  I am by no means referring to all people who rightly recieve benefits for whatever reason, just the workshy lazy fudgers that can't be arsed to get a job.

Edited by AndyBell
  • Sad 8

11 minutes ago, AndyBell said:

In the current climate its great to see how people are coming together to help each other out and the comminity spirit and resiliance people are showing in the face of this pandemic shows all is not lost on humanity.  But unfortunatley there are still the lowlife benefit scrounging bottom feeders that that think society owes them something and they can just go around doing whatever they please knowing they will probably get away with it.......absolute scum.

I've really been sticking to this social distancing and stay at home stuff, only going out for essentials and exercise. I've been furloughed from work now for the last month and a bit so have had the time to sort out a few things around the house.  One of them that needed immediate attention, so I checked online and my local B&Q was open with restrictions in place so no different to grocery shopping really, in,  out job done. Or so I thought, I was only in there 20 mins which included queing to get in then to get to the tills, came out and my car had gone.  Not even a trace of glass or debris....like it had been beamed up.  I've worked since I was 16 with no gaps, now I'm 40 and finally got myself into a position to buy what I feel was a nice car......something I could use for commuting but also to have a little fun with, I only got it in November last year.   They only have CCTV of me driving past the front of the store, nothing of where I parked or the exit.....aparantly  the camera that looks at the exit has been repositioned to look at the queue into the store.

I had a little put away to fund my next RC purchase(s) but I'm now going to have to use that to make up the inevitable shortfall from the insurance payout......95% of my commute is on a smart motorway so I need something reliable.  

Anyways, rant over just needed to vent! 

Man I feel sorry for ya 

17 minutes ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Whilst i empathise with your situation....

.... "Benefit scrounging bottom feeders" ..... 🙄

Some opinions you should probably keep to yourself

tbh if someone was making a good income i'd doubt they need to steal a car. 

• Like 1

feel sorry for you but the missus locked her electronic key in her car where the battery had run flat the other day and we called a car locksmith - he opened the door literally for £50 in 35seconds ...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, r4nd0m said:

feel sorry for you but the missus locked her electronic key in her car where the battery had run flat the other day and we called a car locksmith - he opened the door literally for £50 in 35seconds ...

When you see some of the tech these thieves have, it really puts me off moving into the age of cars that automatically open for you. It's just so damn easy for them.

I've seen reports of them blocking peoples "ring" camera systems by flooding the 2.4 and 5ghz bandwidth with noise so there is no evidence of their activities.

Anyone can learn to press a button on a magic box, but learning to pick a lock requires a level of finesse that goes a little beyond the patience of the average criminal.

• Like 1

Totally feel for you man, awful predicament... 

And not wishing to add fire to fire ( if that is possible right?) but I also share your frustration with the amount of bleeders in this country. That is not to say that everyone on benefits fits the bill,  of course not and I’m sure you know this also but certainly an awful lot of folk bleeding our system through many different avenues... Disgusts me. 

You ( all of us) just wait and watch what the repercussions of this covid scenario will cause re bleeding!! 

Goodluck sorting the car dilemma out, and don’t forget that you do not have to accept the first offer your insurance company makes. If you can prove value to be otherwise then prove it to them 👍🏻

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

Anyone can learn to press a button on a magic box, but learning to pick a lock requires a level of finesse that goes a little beyond the patience of the average criminal.

he used a blow up wedge ...

2 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

Did that not do any damage to the locks?

pushes the door open, hook to the opener done ... I was shocked 

3 hours ago, AndyBell said:

Why do people choose to be so easily offended nowadays...........Its pretty easy to tell from the post I'm referring to the chump stains that stole my car...........and anyone else who chooses to go down that path. 

first off mate, sorry yer car got stolen,

as for the being easily offended part, sorry to say that these days anyone with a disability is rounded up into the benefit scrounger and bottom feeder group,

i'm disabled myself, (paralysed from the waist down after a road accident),

and yes, i'm on benefits, but also have worked a large portion of the time i've been disabled, and only gave up work cos i was told to on medical grounds,

i get ''the look'' off people quite often these days, and have had a few confrontations over the years,

it was the way you worded your original post mate, thats all, it just came across as you were bashing anyone with a disability which i'm sure you were not,

please dont take this the wrong way, cos i aint having a dig or owt,

but are you sure it was stolen ? 

what i mean is, does your b&q have a tow away policy if anyone parks in a loading only or disabled bay accidentally,

lack of glass etc usually means someone was organised and had the gear to steal quickly with zero damage , or you were towed by an outside company that works for b&q,

It wasn't towed, they have a 2 hour stay policy and thats it.  All you would get is a parking charge.

None of the guys who were working outside the store knew anything so I can't imaging it being that.  It was done on the 29th as well so I'm sure I'd have heard something from a towing company by now.

Edited by AndyBell
  • Like 2

Clearly the car has been stolen by an individual that chooses to steal items rather than put some hard graft in at the mill to be able to buy such a motor (what was it BTW?), i have  a very low opinion of people that choose this way in life, and if i caught someone doing it, they would find out why i use the name Jack Reacher because im just a big, just as ugly and have a similar attitude

Just a suggestion rathe rthan using up rc funds, when insurance wey in get something a little less money, i run a 62 plate Honda jazz, its all i need from a car, had the fast cars had the car that gets stolen now this is all i want from a motor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

(what was it BTW?)

Nothing really expensive......a 63 plate Fiesta ST. Totally unmolested and standard. 

Was a little naive when I bought it, I should have checked the stats......Fiestas were the most stolen car of 2019.

11 minutes ago, AndyBell said:

Nothing really expensive......a 63 plate Fiesta ST. Totally unmolested and standard. 

Was a little naive when I bought it, I should have checked the stats......Fiestas were the most stolen car of 2019.

I had a 64 plate Fiesta titanium and when I locked my keys in the car the AA said it wouldn't be that hard for me to get into however was more than happy to drive me home to get my spares. 

Common cars are always most likely to be stolen as they blend in and there's a massive market for parts. 

All this over a Fiesta !

I’d look on the bright side

They done you a favour if you ask me 😂😂

There obviously thieves with no taste or just not picky  😂😂

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1