• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kevin Talbot

tamiyafanboy

Hi all

I love watching Kevin's videos and I think he is actually a thoroughly entertaining chap to watch he basically has a laugh with his platform and seems to do very well from it.

I like that he makes expensive RC's available to people that probably could never afford it and he rags them, a lot of people don't agree with this but he owns them so why not? #

Now one of the things he constantly peddles is his money making school does anyone have any experience of it? Have they tried it?

I personally think he uses the youtube platform to make him look like he has loads of money and just sells the school to the masses ?

What does everyone think?

I like him and will carry on watching and if his little business venture allows him to carry on then I am all for it 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

he's just buying bulk rc parts and reselling with mark up on eBay.  It obviously works for him because she's cornered the market in traxxas parts and upgrades from traxxas cars. I don't think it's anything specific other than how to operate on the eBay platform. I suspect his channel drives a large proportion of sales anyway: smash the crap out of your traxxas and then buy parts from him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RCbutcher said:

I think the same as you but i seen it before dark heart profiting from his viewers. Its filthy practice. 

But if you make a good channel that people watch what is wrong with making a bit of money out of it?

At the end of the day your not hurting anyone whats the issue?

• Like 1

To me it me it depends on the people who pay. For what reason. A kid who knows its how to get a shout out is one thing. But a guy gifting like w genie plus letters that make him sound very lonly and possibly much worse. I won't say it. 

Kev is diffrent from that but has said hes got guys buying the course and not even opening the videos they brought.

Paytron would be the right way i think thats the YouTube etiquette stuff too mayb. 

Whats wrong with going to Tesco on a stupid hot day filling the pram up with cold drinks and ice creams and walking around the park selling them for rrp. Way cheaper than the oaky man on the other side. Little kid really thirsty its obvious so you gift him a bottle. Does that make the day right. 

15 minutes ago, tomzac66 said:

Build your own monster truck

Maybe not, up for sale at 24K

?

Check out the projected earnings for the year.

I bet he could afford to wreak a few more trucks.

https://socialblade.com/

Run names through the search.

emoji3.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That RC sparks guy is rolling in YouTube money.

Me too i love that he will keep on thrashing it even after breaking and show us how far is to far. 

Btw. Free ebay course. Just in case. 

Go to ebay and search for your item you will be selling. Now tap filters and tap completed sales. 

Now scroll through the green prices they sold for work out an average. Click on one of the most professional looking adverts with all the specifics for the model etc. Hit sell one like this. If you can't then search it NEW then sell one like this for that pro ad template. 

Then just change the specifics to your item condition etc. Plus whatever you know about the item in the description. Dont over charge for shipping any buyer can check how much shipping really is by "sell one like this" then check the shipping options listed based on size and weight. EBay is upto date, the post office told me. 

• Like 1

Only seen a few of his videos, that’s more than enough thank you.

he can “afford” to beat the snot out of his Rc then if his channel pays for it.

i seem to recall another part of the web that charged its followers to fund a Rc and supply a review of how much abuse it can take etc. whilst it’s followers had the privilege of some pics.

i whole heartily agree no one wants to be out of pocket but making profit out of people in the hobby in this current climate just isn’t cricket.

remember, being open, honest and not out to make the fast buck will gain you more respect than profit. To some folk like myself, that’s more important (Paul Walker r.i.p)

im just gonna throw in these words too, “Attention seekers” make of that what you will.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tamiyafanboy said:

But if you make a good channel that people watch what is wrong with making a bit of money out of it?

At the end of the day your not hurting anyone whats the issue?

Nothing wrong with making a little bit of money, but I personally don't like it shoved down my throat.

Besides, most of his prices on eBay are vastly marked up over say MS, or even other eBay sellers.

I don't know how he actually manages to sell stuff.

Take the Proline body I wanted for my SCX10, checked eBay and he wanted £62 plus post... MS was £46 including post.

Nothing wrong with making a little bit of money, but I personally don't like it shoved down my throat.

Besides, most of his prices on eBay are vastly marked up over say MS, or even other eBay sellers.

I don't know how he actually manages to sell stuff.

Take the Proline body I wanted for my SCX10, checked eBay and he wanted £62 plus post... MS was £46 including post.

He made a flippant remark in one of his videos about trebling his cost price.

[emoji56]

I've only watched a couple of his videos I take no notice of the money making parts I don't really see why people are saying stuff about him if he is scamming people and what not then karma will come around at the end of the day don't watch the videos and buy the stuff he sells or take the ebay course thing simple ? 

Exactly, he can price his items at what he wants, people check prices and move in if it’s too costly.

Restaurants are famous for quadrupling prices on cost.

But I still don’t think someone is going to shell out 24k on a shell.

6 hours ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Polite notice.... In the interests of not being sued for defamation... Please can members refrain from posting comments that could be construed as defamatory to a persons character without proving it first....

Don't want to ruin your fun...but when people start posting comments  alluding to Kevin Talbot being somehow retarded/evil/scamming it leaves the forum AND individual members open to litigation for slander.

(In line with this I have removed a comment posted above)

Thanks

I just posted the definition for each iq level. There was no offence whatsoever in that post. It's the two posts above while you should delete if this is the case you are making. 

Also just to let you know how it works, in order to sued msuk forum he would have to prove with reasonable doubt that he had lost something over this thread. even then it wouldn't work because under the law msuk are not responsible for comments posted by users on the forum, so he would have to sue the individual who made the comment rather than the platform the comment was made on. 

Edited by Jumper