• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

supersavage's rally 5ive

supersavage

7 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Paint job looks good... Perhaps it may benefit from a few decals? Just saying that based on rally cars being covered in them :D

Yeah it'll get some at some point but I need to find my stash first lol. :)

11 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

Good work there mate!  Well done! :) 

need some more details.... How are you running it, stock 5T width in the pics or with the mini arms and geo etc?

Yes it's fitted with mini arms etc and fitted with a 0 degree toe block. I do need to sort out the front toe as it's a bit off and have a trim around the front wheel arches otherwise I'll have some serious rubbing issues. Also the eagle eyed among you will notice that I have the exhaust port plugged (3rd pic) as I have no exhaust that fits at the moment as the Samba I have doesn't fit with the narrower mini suspension, I did order one but I have no idea when It'll arrive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

sorry, another question... Under compression, as you have it there, do you think there will be any rubbing on the wheels and the body?

Yes the front wheels will rub on the top of the wheel arch at least on mine they do as my cage is a bit wonky so the body doesn't sit as well as it could. The rear might just be ok but that may depend on what tyres you use. I plan to shoe goo a few places just to try and protect the paint and reinforce the body a bit.

• Like 1

So 5t wheels work well with a rally set up, next move when my tyres are shot.....

absolutely love the look of it, yes more stickers but it stands really nice.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Noj said:

Looks rather good sir, a few, choice decals and bingo! :good:

I'm contemplating these wheels and boots : http://rc-car-online.de/shop/de/products/y0658-y0658-narrow-grip-typ-462-reifen-fuer-losi-hpi-fg-carson-und-co-.html

They look like they might be worth a shot. If you get some let us know what you think. 

3 hours ago, Noj said:

Looks rather good sir, a few, choice decals and bingo! :good:

I'm contemplating these wheels and boots : http://rc-car-online.de/shop/de/products/y0658-y0658-narrow-grip-typ-462-reifen-fuer-losi-hpi-fg-carson-und-co-.html

Ive got a set of these, so will post up a pic 'on the car' when I get the shells back from the painter and on the car...

• Like 1

Can't help you as I've only got the unsilenced versions.... Let me know if you can't work it out and are interested in a swap for the standard one.... I've got a set up with a different battery box on one of mine, so shouldn't cause me an issue! 

• Like 1