• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Yeti™ SCORE® Trophy Truck® 1/10 Scale Electric 4WD – Kit

53HRA

I hate you Axial! You're a bunch of meanies :mellow:

Seriously though, having got my big wookiee mitts on the RTR version a couple of weeks back (It was chained to the display unit lol) I really fancy this kit. It's a beefy brute of a thing.

Yeah doesn't even come with that good hopups, HD gears and strengthening plates for the trailing arms + some extra spring and spur...

Might as well get the RTR and flog some parts you don't need and get some full aluminium trailing arms + HD gears.

It's a bit poo...suffers terrible nose down antics when airborne, plus, as it is Axial, it will require many parts to make it reliable.

The YXL cage is a slightly different design to the 1/10th, not sure a Trophy Truck shell would fit and look right.

Just my twopenneth... ;)

2 hours ago, ostewart said:

Yeah doesn't even come with that good hopups, HD gears and strengthening plates for the trailing arms + some extra spring and spur...

Might as well get the RTR and flog some parts you don't need and get some full aluminium trailing arms + HD gears.

It depends what it needs to get the job done. The Yeti itself only really needed a replacement steering rack and stronger arms. Everything else was somewhat subject to how hard you bash it, like any car.  But it is pretty pricey for a kit which is mostly plastic, contains no electronics and has known faults (unless they've fixed them!). An SCT shell, especially one with a cage like that does wonders for durability though.

The problem is the trailing arms flex at the ball end not just in the middle, so the little bits of metal only help so much.

To me it still seems a better deal to get the RTR and flog the spares you won't use. Only my opinion, if the kit were lower in price, might make it easier to swallow.

I do agree the Score is a great looking truck, and I was tempted to get one until I saw the Bomber which suited my needs better. I still look at the Score and wonder if I made the right choice, then I take my bomber to some rough rocks and realise I did make the right choice :)

Maybe one day I'll get a Score for faster bashing, who knows...

2 hours ago, Noj said:

It's a bit poo...suffers terrible nose down antics when airborne, plus, as it is Axial, it will require many parts to make it reliable.

"I AM NOJ: SPEAKER OF TRUTH AND SMASHER OF DREAMS!"

• Like 2

Always go for a kit version, then you understand from the off how to build it with proper amounts of grease, screws tightened etc.

also therapeutic building time is always a bonus!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, big gaz said:

Always go for a kit version, then you understand from the off how to build it with proper amounts of grease, screws tightened etc.

also therapeutic building time is always a bonus!

RTR = Ready To Rebuild. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Praet0r87 said:

"I AM NOJ: SPEAKER OF TRUTH AND SMASHER OF DREAMS!"

I really fancied one, when the rtr came out, banking on Axial to release a kit with better parts. 

I then watched vids of them and decided it was a bit poo....as is this kit version, by non conformity to Axial's norm.

Love mi YXL, however the previous owner threw lots of nice parts onto it that have made it (bar the GPM steering, merely because it wears out quickly) a bloody good basher.

Frankly, I would dearly love to own this : http://www.evocustoms.com/#!our-trucks/cjg9

8 minutes ago, Noj said:

I really fancied one, when the rtr came out, banking on Axial to release a kit with better parts. 

I then watched vids of them and decided it was a bit poo....as is this kit version, by non conformity to Axial's norm.

Love mi YXL, however the previous owner threw lots of nice parts onto it that have made it (bar the GPM steering, merely because it wears out quickly) a bloody good basher.

Frankly, I would dearly love to own this : http://www.evocustoms.com/#!our-trucks/cjg9

At the risk of sounding like a scratched record, the wheels are too small :D

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Noj said:

I asked him years ago if he fancied making these to order! He must have had so many requests etc. 

Nice price though!