• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Forum Update and Downtime

Nick

I've logged into Tapatalk again now, so hopefully I'll see the popups start coming through eventually again. That took several days to start working I recall, with no intervention from you, Nick - correct?

I created a thread called Traxxas Slash Project but unable to find the thread I did create the thread a few days before the site went down this is the link to the thread http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/212019-traxxas-slash-project/ I've also sent you a email Facebook message and twitter message but had no reply 

I created a thread called Traxxas Slash Project but unable to find the thread I did create the thread a few days before the site went down this is the link to the thread http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/212019-traxxas-slash-project/ I've also sent you a email Facebook message and twitter message but had no reply 

If it was made just before the site crashed im sorry but im afraid its gone.

Please feel free to start it again if you so wish

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/announcement/28-data-loss-missing-posts-and-member-accounts/

Edited by .AJ.

Gold Member Issues: PM me! I will sort them out ASAP. I have PM'd you Sharkfat78. Captri-boy - it won't let me PM you!

Tapatalk Push Notifications: I didn't do anything to fix this last time, I think there is just a delay as it figures what it wants to do in life, lol. Give it a week, if there are still issues let me know.

Thanks Derka. :)

Adverts should be hidden from Gold Members. Can someone let me know if the sign-up / renewal works? As it didn't before the server died. :(

Gold membership works fine now, thanks.

One thing I'm unable to do is edit my profile, all I get is this...

Profile.jpg

Are the recent threads/post lost all together ('sings' now, all together...) or was there a backup of them that will be restored?

I had a for sale thread, and if it's lost I'll do it again, but didn't want to do it and find out it will be restored.

Are the recent threads/post lost all together ('sings' now, all together...) or was there a backup of them that will be restored?

I had a for sale thread, and if it's lost I'll do it again, but didn't want to do it and find out it will be restored.

Your posts are lost forevermore....  Stun us all with a creative new post and contribute to the new world, post this terrible data loss event! 

Your posts are lost forevermore....  Stun us all with a creative new post and contribute to the new world, post this terrible data loss event! 

prepared to be memorised for ye have not witnessed a post since, or until the end of time like this one.
So say our lord, the Kernel, may he bless us with all those wonderful spices, nom nom.

Buggar. :lol:

• Like 1

Not sure whether it's you or the tapatalk app, but since the upgrade pictures appear as a line of code rather than and embedded image :b but thanks for all the hard work, really liking the look of the web version :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure whether it's you or the tapatalk app, but since the upgrade pictures appear as a line of code rather than and embedded image :b but thanks for all the hard work, really liking the look of the web version [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It happens to me on Tapatalk too.

a2e8f4e851153c1f3220a60940b61f42.jpg

I'm just glad it's up and running again, I used to advise blue chip companies on disaster recovery and 9 times out of 10 they had never thought about it until they lost a load of data.

amen to that... (as the saying goes)

disaster recovery is only as good as your last test. and if you have never tested it... then you have no backup.

had personal experience of this many years ago. scenario went something like this:

"set up backups for email"

"ok, backups running every day. daily diffs, with weekly full backup"

"backups all running?"

"yep"

time passes....

"sh!t we have lost the email server... never mind we restore from backup"

time and much swearing happens...

"hmmm, none of the backups ever actually worked."

if not tested it doesn't work.

---

and for interest...

the bigger players will now deliberately break their infrastructure every day to check that their plans *really* work... look up Chaos Monkey for a tool that does it.