• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What's your favorite mod ?

Peakey29

I've been thinking what I've done to my RC's but I can't really decide what mine is I think it's a toss up between the custom motor plates I had made for my Procat or the alloy front gearbox.

What's yours you can add pics if you want

Ditching the metal-shielded bearings my offroaders in favour of rubber-sealed ones. Makes maintenance sooooo much easier!

I suppose it depends on what the reason is. I could say I've got 3 possibles:

Most effective: Fitting a stealth gearbox to the original 6 gear RC10. I managed to wrangle on of these from the US months before the RC10 Team car was available in the UK and proceeded to stomp over everybody else in 2wd due to being the only person with a slipper clutch.

Best looking: The Tresrey red effect on my 210. Some parts (the carbon tower) are better than the stock ones but mostly its for looks.

Most inventive: I built a custom floating servo mount to allow an MR4 Rally to run a laydown micro servo. Bear in mind that this was around 2000, the MR4-TC version hadn't even come out yet and floating mounts in general were a decade away.

Favourite mod for me is 'Shorty' .... taking 105mm out of a Baja wheelbase and slapping monster truck wheels on just makes it so much more fun to drive.

Favourite 'sensible' mod is the clutch mod on the Bajas to make dealing with snapped clutch bolts easy and the clipless front axle mod so the e-clips don't pop and you don;t have to go running after your front wheels :)

4mm alloy chassis plate for a maverick strada. weighs a ton, compromises handling and performance but doesn't break every crash and I managed make it from scratch with a pillar drill and hack saw.

Also quite pleased with my behind the axle steering on the crawler.

I'd say my favourite Mod is Nitro !! :thumbsup:

On a more serious note, I've spent so much money on the trucks, its hard to say what has and what hasn't worked best.

Much of it has been for show, changing the basic plastic for alloy - which is not necessarily better for for bashing.

Latest installation in the E-Maxx is great - XL2 / Feigao / 6S BL.

Latest installation in the Raminator is great, but I still liked the sound of the nitro on full chat! Jury's out on that one still.

Al.

Edited by atom3624