• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

yeah i was break arms all the time in the winter last year on my team magic, but since we've had this warmer whether the arms have been fine. 

• Like 1

So I have done loads more work on the sporty rock Crawler build.  Got links all sorted. Messed around with the mock up chassis to get mouning points sorted. So it's all ready for me to make the carbon chassis as soon as it arrives.  Need to measure everything and make a plan of it.   Going to go with a 3 part chassis I think. Main part with sump mount for gearbox. Then front and rear shock mounts.  This looks like crap currently. But it's only the mock up version 

So it started as a stock gmade r1. And now the only r1 parts are the chassis brace. 

IMG_20200417_193459.jpg

IMG_20200417_193454.jpg

• Like 1

Time to install some steering upgrades on my Kraton.

On the left is the hot racing steering post with locking adjustment nut and larger spring, as well as the scorched parts Titanium Ackerman.

I don't think the Ackerman is going to change anything, but I'm really hoping that the spring will.

If anyone has any tips on how to find the spring by itself, please let me know.00b72afb1702386a37a042291aa8aba9.jpg282d560327bb699477133c3532663756.jpg

Made Mark 1 of my custom sporty rock Crawler.  3mm carbon sheet. 3 part chassis.  Just about got shape and mount points done.  Next job is sand edge and seal with glue. 

And then start making it lighter.  

It's still a bit messy at the moment. 

But I'm super happy with it.  First time I have ever used carbon to make something.  

IMG_20200418_141842.jpg

• Like 2

Started my Axial UMG10 build, have the chassis build and will attached axles tomorrow.

Lightweight, low calorie build thread is here:

• Like 1

After years of running with brushless power and abuse,  I broke my wt-01 truck the diff is toast and broke  the gearbox.

Going to buy the diff gears from a cr-01, it is always the star shaft that breaks and that is pot metal, on the cr-01 the star shaft is steel.

49792690057_4c19bdff0f_c.jpg

49792386136_365c406706_c.jpg

took my Carisma Range Rover crawler out for the very first time it was so much fun and has lots of potential for improvements but as it is out of the box is still fantastic, didn't realise the nimh packs would be so useful for the crawler up until now.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, monkeyboy_uk said:

Finished the build of my WPL-C34KM. Electrics tomorrow.

IMG-20200419-164026.jpg
IMG-20200419-164106.jpg
IMG-20200419-164130.jpg
IMG-20200419-164151.jpg

good looking Jeep, what you planning in putting in terms of electric wise? I have a Land Rover 1/12 which i'm planning to upgrade the esc/motor/servo etc from Banggood..

Edited by lazkopat

9 hours ago, ChrisT said:

Very nice indeed, you certainly made the better choice of colour :good:

Thanks,  I like yours to,  but I never do boxart I always choose my own color.

• Like 1

Started reinstating mechanical brakes on the KM X2, then realised I'd run out of servo splitter Y-harness leads. Ordered some, hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow. 

• Like 1