• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

13 hours ago, AJP said:

Had my first little bump today.

Car park was as slippery as ice, lost control and it hit a wall lol. Slippery surface along with constantly countersteering was a recipe for disaster. It was like a scene out of Tokyo Drift in the multi story, only I was not the drift king 🤣

Only £11 worth of damage, all on order. On a plus side I got to dismantle the front end and got to know the car little better. 

Tuning phase on hold until I fix the pull to the right. Tools on order 👍🏻

Pic: middle bits are broken bits.

20220215_195140.jpg

In the electric Carnage thread (back in 2012) luke662 talks about boiling plastic parts to make them more flexible. Would it be worth boiling the new front bumper before attaching? Surely this part would benefit from more flex? Thanks 🙂 

2 hours ago, AJP said:

In the electric Carnage thread (back in 2012) luke662 talks about boiling plastic parts to make them more flexible. Would it be worth boiling the new front bumper before attaching? Surely this part would benefit from more flex? Thanks 🙂 

I’ve heard this helps also, but not tried so can’t confirm.

what I have done is use an FTX Zorro instead as it’s pretty much a direct fit. From memory some slightly longer fixings we’re required. I’m sure someone here will know exactly what is needed as this is a well known mod:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/442275?gclid=Cj0KCQiA3rKQBhCNARIsACUEW_adFPc8wIptJm31pG_olfOar3PIuYRZDkGtC09Ql6TGeIovmonXzBsaAgLqEALw_wcB

could be something to consider next time 👍🏻

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

I’ve heard this helps also, but not tried so can’t confirm.

what I have done is use an FTX Zorro instead as it’s pretty much a direct fit. From memory some slightly longer fixings we’re required. I’m sure someone here will know exactly what is needed as this is a well known mod:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/442275?gclid=Cj0KCQiA3rKQBhCNARIsACUEW_adFPc8wIptJm31pG_olfOar3PIuYRZDkGtC09Ql6TGeIovmonXzBsaAgLqEALw_wcB

could be something to consider next time 👍🏻

Thanks for that mate appreciate it 👍